ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Frans Zeng is on a distinguished road
Default Three questions about road traffic simulation

Hello,

My project is about road traffic simulation in steel mill.

There are a wide variety of cargoes to be carried from load-zone to dump-zone, such as molten iron, steel slag, sand and waste, etc. All of those cargoes are carried by vehicles, and the different load zones and dump zones are living in scattered areas.

I want to use NetworkNodes to develop a path network for all vehicles(task executer object).

I have three questions.

The first one is how can I get the vehicles quantity on one path within a given period of time, and the second one is about the parallel vehicles quantity on one point in time. The above both counts are base of determining the width of the road.

The third question is how to get NetworkNodes around a given node, even the NetworkNode is not directly connected to the latter? In my model, after a vehicle arrived a dump-zone and unloaded cargo from it, and then it will search for the nearest load-zone and travel to this load-zone to load itself again.

Anyone who has an idea or thinks about those questions? I really need it for my model, thanks very much!
Old 08-04-2011
Flexsim User

Default Sorry,the size of words is two small, I changed it in the following thread.

Hello,

My project is about road traffic simulation in steel mill.

There are a wide variety of cargoes to be carried from load-zone to dump-zone, such as molten iron, steel slag, sand and waste, etc. All of those cargoes are carried by vehicles, and the different load zones and dump zones are living in scattered areas.

I want to use NetworkNodes to develop a path network for all vehicles(task executer object).

I have three questions.

The first one is how can I get the vehicles quantity on one path within a given period of time, and the second one is about the parallel vehicles quantity on one point in time. The above both counts are base of determining the width of the road.

The third question is how to get NetworkNodes around a given node, even the NetworkNode is not directly connected to the latter? In my model, after a vehicle arrived a dump-zone and unloaded cargo from it, and then it will search for the nearest load-zone and travel to this load-zone to load itself again.

Anyone who has an idea or thinks about those questions? I really need it for my model, thanks very much!
Old 08-05-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Question 1:
In the OnContinue trigger of the network node, the number of travellers can be found with: content(gettablecell(connectionsout(current),toedg e,PORT_ACTIVE))

You can maintain the maximum in a table label on the network nodes with number of rows matching the number of paths/edges/output ports. (Note: there are no input ports to network nodes, just outputs)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 08-05-2011 at 06:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Frans Zeng (08-06-2011)
Old 08-10-2011
Flexsim User

Default Thanks

Hi, Jason, thank you very much! Your answer is just what I want.

About Question 3, I found the following words in Flexsim's Users Manual, "The distance/routing table of all network nodes in the model is kept on a global object in the model called "defaultnetworknavigator". The re-calculation is optimized to only be executed if changes have been made to the network. "
But when I programed with the mentioned global table "defaultnetworknavigator", I found that the table did not exist.
Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Old 08-11-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans Zeng View Post
global object in the model called "defaultnetworknavigator".
mentioned global table "defaultnetworknavigator"
Notice the difference

The tables with the routing and distance information are not global tables but are stored on a global object. In the early days these tables were actually visible in the tree of the defaultnetworknavigator, but currently these tables are stored internally in the core of the Flexsim engine.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Berth Road Creation Error David Chan Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 08-01-2011 08:54 AM
How to use conveyor to build traffic flow simulation model Thirapan Kangwansura Q&A 6 05-18-2010 11:40 PM
Road traffic mallik Q&A 3 09-25-2009 12:55 PM
Modeling Traffic Flow DavidStun Pre-sales Questions 2 03-11-2009 11:35 AM