ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-22-2016
Dan Reisenauer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Batch and Que Question

Greetings all. I’m new to FlexSim and self-taught. I’ve got a scenario that I’m not sure how to work with the existing objects in the library.

We are filling “blocks”. The blocks are different sizes and are collected in a cart until the cart is full. I would add a parameter to the flowitems so the cart knows when it reaches a specified size it is full. When the cart is full, it begins to move into different zones. The first zone is a filling station. Later zones are for curing and then finally unload to be refilled (it’s a loop). Certain zones have timed stops. I don’t need to simulate the filling or zone stops in detail (thinking use simple processor step, or just a time delay) but mainly want to study the number of carts needed for different block scenarios.

Could this be done by batching in a que and then moving the que?

How about multi-processor with each zone for the cart as a step (but then I can’t visualize it?)?

Or can I program a flow item that carries smaller flow items as the cart?

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2016
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a great project to use Process Flow with. If you haven't used it before, go through the Process Flow tutorials in the User Manual. I think you'll figure out how to do what you need to quite easily.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change the downstream Combiner's batch quantity to this object's batch Nico Zahn Q&A 4 01-07-2011 04:18 PM
Batch Behavior Q. shafizad Q&A 11 12-13-2010 09:14 AM
Batch connection changes KelvinHo Q&A 2 02-05-2010 03:01 PM
Batch Processor? Anthony Timmiss Q&A 7 08-19-2009 10:11 AM
Batch production (Batch size for processor) Patrick Cap Q&A 12 03-27-2009 12:14 AM