ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-25-2016
Steven Browning

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default On Entry Set Location

Student question (p. 380 FlexSim manual: People's Surgery Center):

Is it possible to set more than one location On Entry to a processor, such as for two queues at a service desk? Presently, all of my flow items (people) superimpose themselves at one location in front of one service agent, while the other agent stands idly by.

This is inelegant.

Can there be a conditional statement inserted into the setloc command, such that if one agent is occupied, a flowitem can go to the other agent? With two service agents I have set the maximum content of the processor to 2.

Thanks for any who choose to reply.
Old 01-25-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Send to Port Option

Have you tried the "Send to Port" option like "Shortest Queue" or "Shortest Queue if Available" under "Flow" tab?

I don't have the FlexSim manual, so I do not know the problem, but.. just a thought.. based on your description. My understanding could be off from what you want to get, but illustration is what I have set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	FXSsandtoport.PNG
Views:	330
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	3162  
Old 01-26-2016
Steven Browning

Downloads: 0
Default Send to Port Option

I think that will work if I convert the Admissions Desk processor with two staff people into two separate Admissions Desks that are queues with one staff person each.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Tags
on entry, setloc

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
each item has it's given location,and item's code correspond to storage location Robert Liu Q&A 3 03-28-2011 08:46 PM
Entry Chassis Transaction % Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 08-27-2009 05:50 PM
return 1 in entry trigger? qin tian Q&A 1 05-07-2008 04:05 PM
Entry trigger mallik Q&A 4 01-25-2008 07:18 AM
manual entry danieldiep Q&A 5 11-26-2007 06:11 AM