ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Gaurav Majumdar is on a distinguished road
Question Close and Open ports in Processor every 80 seconds?

Hello...I am trying to make an Automobile Assembly line where in each processor the input and output ports open and close every 80 secs.

Here, I don't mean that the processing time is 80 secs...the processing time is a triangularly varying time...I am only trying to open and close the ports of each processor every 80 secs of runtime.

I have attached a basic model with just 2 processors if any of you can advise me further on how to open and close ports of a processor every 80 secs of runtime?

I intend to use the SendMessage trigger tabs but not sure how.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Test Model for Assembly Line.fsm (51.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

You should send a delayed message with a delay of 80sec.
For this you only have to start this Action once, for example by sending the message in OnReset Trigger first.

Afterwards only send delayed Messages from OnMessage Trigger.

What I don´t understand, when / where you close ports again?
Your shared model doesn´t show anything
Old 07-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Majumdar View Post
Hello...I am trying to make an Automobile Assembly line where in each processor the input and output ports open and close every 80 secs.

Here, I don't mean that the processing time is 80 secs...the processing time is a triangularly varying time...I am only trying to open and close the ports of each processor every 80 secs of runtime.

I have attached a basic model with just 2 processors if any of you can advise me further on how to open and close ports of a processor every 80 secs of runtime?

I intend to use the SendMessage trigger tabs but not sure how.

Thanks!
Hello

If I understand you correctly, U need an event every 80 seconds in the model. On that event you want to close inputs if they are open and vice-versa. This model might answer your query. I have created a user event (Goto Tools > User events) that happens every 80 seconds. On every user event a message is sent to both processors and they open or close their inputs based on their previous condition. You can look for the code in the onmessage trigger.
Note that having an event every 80 seconds will slow down your simulation run considerably. Since the sample model is very small it may not affect it but a full scale model will be slowed down
Hope this answers your query.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Sample.fsm (30.5 KB, 86 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mearjun For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (07-17-2013)

Tags
assembly, cycle time, messages, ports

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to open/close a single port in objects Manoj Kumar Q&A 12 04-23-2013 07:21 AM
How to close ports of an object when a condition is true on another object? Abdul Mirza Q&A 2 04-17-2013 09:42 PM
Show i/o ports, not show center ports Bennett Foster Gripes and Goodies 1 11-05-2012 03:51 AM
Close port juan alberto Q&A 14 07-16-2009 05:00 AM
How to open/close processor when there is a long queue Lilian_wulp Q&A 5 12-03-2008 08:51 AM