ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-22-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default Tools for ojbect connect to network node

Hi,

As it is a heavy work for connecting so many object to the network node, I wonder is there any tools just like "Edit Selected Objects"->"Connections", but instead of editing connection of ports, the tool is for editing connection to network nodes, Thanks.

Regards,

Kelvin
Old 04-22-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Won't you be able to select a bounch of objects and highlight the network node, and then use "A to HO" under Edit Selected Object just like regular objects?
Old 04-22-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

Kelvin, Alan has given you the solution. Also with network nodes you make "A" and "Q" connections to connect and disconnect.

Martijn
Old 04-23-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

If you haven't created the network yet you can designate the kind of connection that you want to make between the nodes in the "Travel Networks" section. Then you can use the "Create and Connect Objects" (R) option when you drag out the network nodes and they will automatically connect with the type of connection you specified.

If the network already exists I would need to know exactly what you are trying to make the connections be and then I could give you some code to do it.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 04-24-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough

Maybe the problem I am facing is there is so much network node too, I need to connect them case by case, and even I need to connect a few objects to the same network node, I have difficult in selecting object, as many objects in my model are container, but I need to connect an object inside a container to a network node, so when I select the object, the container is also selected and I need to deselect the container.

So there is another question: If all items inside a container need to connect to a same network node, is there a simplier method to have a single connection to the container instead to make the connections to all object inside the container? It will also make the screen "cleaner", Thanks.

Kelvin
Old 04-24-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

If you have a container with a number of objects inside you can right click the container and open the tree (Explore Tree). Then, you can easily select the objects you want with ctrl + making a window with your mouse.

Martijn
Old 04-24-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

The option for conecting selected objects to tjhe highlighted object in the ortho and prospectve views also exists in the tree view. I do probably 90% of my port connections in the tree view when I have a large model for the same reasons that Kelvin is having problems. Learning how to make port connections in the tree view is very valuable.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to dynamically set virtual distance for Network Node Sung Kim Q&A 2 02-29-2008 01:36 PM
Moving Network Node Information into a Table Brandon Peterson Q&A 2 02-15-2008 09:46 AM
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM