ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-25-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
FlorianK is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion: Multicombiner

Hello everyone,

i had a quick look at the forum but didn't find something like my topic, that's why a open a new one.

I have processes where i have collect items, work with them, collect further items, work with them and then i release them. So i do have more "collect and work"-sessions on one main item (e.g. a pallett or something).

At the moment i'm realizing it by using some combiners in row on the same position, so i have no travel times for the operators and all actions on one spot.

Do you think it is possible / wise to create a multicombiner to have just one object?

Greetings,
FlorianK
Old 05-25-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Florian,

Yes it possibly to do a object like that. I have done a similarly object for a project I did.
I did the object because I needed to my statistic right.

My object works like this:
First waiting for a product.
When the first comes do some work when work finished go in state collecting
and wait for next product do some work. Repeat this step until I get all my products, now I can do the last work on all my products.
Release my products as one packed item.
When this item left my object I put my object in idle.

Depending on situation it can be wise do this object.

Lars-Olof
Old 05-26-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
FlorianK is on a distinguished road

Hi Lars-Olof,

so it sounds like you used tasksequences for it?

I thought of a finished object like a processor, combiner s.o.

Greetings,
FlorianK
Old 05-26-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

No, I did write my own object with BasicFR as a base.

You can also do as you think processor, combiner etc.
Remember that the Process time in the combiner is executed after all
items is collected in the combiner.

So it may be enough to use only combiners.

Lars-Olof
The Following User Says Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
FlorianK (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Florian,

I use a combiner, which changes the componentlist on exit. The pallet get further parts everytime, when it enters the combiner again.
The pallet has to be the first to be released on the queue after leaving the combiner.
Therefor I change the rank on entry. If the pallet is fully assembled, it leaves the combiner through a different port.
assembleOnCombinerdifferentItems-JV.fsm
Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Lars-Olof Leven (05-26-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dispatcher & Operators Suggestion michaelsmith Gripes and Goodies 3 02-16-2011 05:29 AM
Label in Object - Suggestion for next version Gleny Rodriguez Gripes and Goodies 1 02-03-2011 01:06 PM
Suggestion on next Version Daniel Schneider Gripes and Goodies 3 11-08-2010 02:11 PM
[Suggestion]Minimize windows location KelvinHo Gripes and Goodies 5 07-07-2009 10:02 AM
[Suggestion]Suggestion on "Run speed" bar KelvinHo Gripes and Goodies 1 05-29-2008 07:31 AM