ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-21-2015
Tim Kleineberg

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Queue with fill level logic

Hello,

i want to bulid a follow system.
A operator batch process 100pcs and then this 100pcs transfered to a queue with 100 psc maximum content. A combiner uses the queue content to assemble it.

If a specific fill level is reached(10 pcs), the operator have to process the next 100pcs.

But how/where can i implement such a logic? What is the best way?

Atm. the operator process two batches of 100 pcs, 100 for the queue and the second 100 will stay at the processor and be transfered to the queue in sequence. But the operator should wait till the fill level is reached and then processing the next batch.

Thank you for efforts.
Old 10-21-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Did you see the "Batching" Option in the Queue?
Can you please post a model for better understanding when your Operator should do what?
Does the Operator has to handle the parts for the process? - Then you maybe should think about using a combiner instead of processor.
Old 10-22-2015
Tim Kleineberg

Downloads: 0

Yes i know this function, but it doesn't work how it should for this problem.

I attached a test model.

The Operator carry a container to the Seperator. And then he sould seperate only 100 pcs at once. I do not know how to do that, so i put a processor behind the seperator to simulate this case.

The operator has to handle the parts. He carry a container with 500pcs and then he should refill 100pcs to the queue. If 20pcs are remaining in the queue he should refill the next 100 pcs.

I hope you understand the process now.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Test_refill_2.0.fsm (27.5 KB, 359 views)
Old 10-22-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think you should do that by closing and opening the ports of the Queue.
Close Input when ever max Capacity is reached and open it as soon as your filling Level is fallen under 20.

But there is one thing I can´t see. If your Queue got a Maximum Content of 100pcs and the Operator should start separating as soon as the filling Level is 10 (or 20) where should the Operator send 100 items to? Or do you assume it takes longer to separate 100pcs than processing 10 PCs?

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level Of Detail (LOD) questions Allan Schiotz Q&A 2 06-01-2015 02:22 AM
Moving same itemtype to the next similar queue when current queue is full hendry teo Flexsim Student Forum 7 05-20-2015 06:26 AM
Getting the Box Plot with the confidence level David Chan FlexSim HC: Tips & Techniques 0 07-25-2014 10:00 PM
Empty level in rack Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 02-01-2012 05:27 AM
Dynamic Rack Bay & Level shashanktrivedi Q&A 3 06-03-2011 02:30 AM