ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 06-27-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
sambhajimahadik is on a distinguished road
Question Seperating new flow items

Hi,
I want to use seperator to create new parts.

Input part for seperator = PartAB
and after seperating i want to create new parts PartA 5 nos. and PartB 10 nos.
Is it possible?

Regards,
Sambhaji
Old 06-27-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sambhaji,

I am attaching a solution with the post.The command known as insertcopy is used in the exit trigger of the seperator to tackle this situation.Please see the attached model.

Regards,

Arun KR

CCS ,India
Attached Files
File Type: fsm seperator.fsm (15.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-27-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Use the option split in the separator tab. The return value should be the whole amount of items you want let exit the separator. In your case 15 items leaving the separator. That is the first step of the answer. In the second you must send a part of the 15 items to different ports. You can count the leaving items and save the amount to a label. Depending on the label's value you decide which item goes to port 1 or 2. You can use a modulus operator in a if-statement to send every third item to a specific port, all other items to the other port. The approach consists of the use of the function getoutput(obj), where obj is the pointer to the current object (the separator).
On the OnExit trigger you can rename the leaving items depending on the port they use.
If you are begining to understand flexsim, it would be better to use more objects. First split an item in the separator to 15 items. Let the items leave the separator to a queue. In the queue you send the items to different ports. With this appoach you have more triggers to manipulate the items and you don't have to understand in which order the separator executes his functions and when there is still one item and when there are 15 items to handle.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 06-27-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: mix up combiner and separator
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (06-30-2014)
Old 06-30-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you Arun & Jorg....

Is it possible to do it without using "Combiner"?

Source creates main part "Box" with item type =1 and label "PartType" = PartAB.
It passed thru Queue, Processor and then Seperator(Splitter). This Splitter have to destroy main part (item type =1 , label Part Type = PartAB) and create new 2 new parts (item type =2, label Part Type = PartA & item type =3 , label Part Type = PartB)..
Part type 2 will go to 1st output connection and Part type 3 will go to 2nd output connection.

Last edited by sambhajimahadik; 06-30-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2014
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want to destroy a flowitem, when it can become the item type =2, label Part Type = PartA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhajimahadik View Post
Thank you Arun & Jorg....

.. This Splitter have to destroy main part ..
If you don't like the separator to split items, you can still use the command createcopy which create a copy of an object even an item from the item bin.
Change the attributes in a trigger or create your own items in the item bin, which you copy then.

Jörg
Old 06-30-2014
Flexsim User

I want to delete because total i have to create 15 items (10+5). If I don't delete main part then i ve to create another 14 items.
So i want to make it simple. Destroy main part and create new 15 items.
Old 06-30-2014
Flexsim User

I think, you should try the radio button split in the separator tab of his object's proberty window and set the return value to 15 in the function split/unpack quantity. Then count the outgoing items, please. In my model I count 15. My only concern is that I have to change the itemtype, the labels, the name and perhaps the shape of the items in the OnExit-Trigger. Why is it important to create 15 new items and to destroy one. And why do you want to create new items by yourself, if the Flexsim engine does it for you.

Jörg
Old 07-01-2014
Flexsim User

Default Seperating new flow items

Hey thanks!! Jorg...This works...
To answer your question.... Actually I want to simulate laser cutting operation where we have big sheet as input and then we cut different parts in different quantities from this sheet and then the skeleten is just destroyed..

Thank you for your help!!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Counting Flow Items Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 03-07-2013 06:52 PM
Indexnum of 3d shape flow items shashanktrivedi Q&A 2 04-25-2011 04:51 AM
Recycling Flow Items Joe Allen Q&A 1 09-16-2008 03:57 PM
Sequence of Flow Items Through a Processor Anthony Timmiss Q&A 0 06-11-2008 02:26 AM
Flow items with states AlanZhang Q&A 16 11-30-2007 10:32 AM