ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-15-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Paul Dowling is on a distinguished road
Default "Generate full Report" causing crash or error

Hi All,

Having some issues with charting, the generate (full) report button is causing flexsim to crash. On one of the occasions I actually recieved information after this :

exception: Exception caught in flexscript execution of VIEW:/active/ReportsAndStats422634984/tabs/Full Report/Generate Report>OnPress line 27 instruction 56. Discontinuing execution.

Any help would be much appreciated - I had issues with this function in a project a few years ago (here), was kindof hoping that it would have been rectified by now (but perhaps it has and I am missing something)...

Paul
Old 09-15-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a problem with the exportfullhistory command. You could try running exportfullhistory("myrundata.mdb"); and see if it creates the database. I'd also try changing directory permissions, and check that you have Full History switched on.
Old 09-15-2010
Flexsim User

Thanks Jason. Yes full history on, tried the command this time, unfortuneately same result. I did manage to get chart to work ok on one set of results (after several crashes within Chart due to "integer overflow" or something) so I doubt permissions, maybe whatever version of jet engine that comes with access 2007 doesn't get on with FS (or my setup thereof)??

New computer in a few weeks, maybe that will resolve a few of these things, otherwise I guess back to the recorder again...
Old 09-17-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul - a few questions:

Does it happen on a simple test model? If it's only one model that has the problem can you send that or reproduce it in another model?
Do you get the 'save-as' prompt for saving the database ? (when not using the command)
Does the mdb file get created?
What operating system and flexsim version are you using? I've checked it works in 5.04 under Win7Pro 64-bit.

We may need to get A.J. involved to solve this.
Old 09-21-2010
Flexsim User

Cheers Jason

- No I believe it was actually working earlier (although as i mentioned had earlier problems due to "integer overflow" within the chart app itself), and even within the same model the same thing didn't always happen
- Yes the save as generally did come up, a database was created but didn't get "released" (that extra access locked for editing file hung around and didn't disappear)
- OS XP, using FS 5.04

To be honest I am getting by with recorder atm, and will be upgrading to a new computer in a few weeks, so unless others are experiencing the same problem don't really need this urgently resolved atm. Will update in future how it goes with new system...
Old 09-23-2010
Flexsim Senior Developer

Downloads: 8
AJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the rough

Paul,

It sounds as if the function that generates the database is crashing. This can happen for a number of reasons, but one of the more common reasons is that there is an object in your model that has an invalid name. Make sure that object names all start with a letter and contain only letters, numbers or underscores. Special characters can be a problem.

If you've checked your model for invalid names and are still having this issue, you can email the model to Flexsim's support team and we will take a look at it to see exactly where in the database generation process it is breaking down, and how to fix it.

A.J.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CSV File Created by clicking "Generate Report" Joe Allen Q&A 8 04-05-2011 09:20 PM
Suppressing "FULL PARTNER in-out" in System Console david_white Q&A 1 07-30-2010 12:52 PM
error message "Clock overflow, running stopped" Martin Kooijman Q&A 11 04-17-2008 10:29 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM