ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 03-26-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute
Default FlexSim 6.0 Available

FlexSim 6 is available. You can get it from the Account section of the website.

================================================== =============================
Release Notes

--- Flexsim 6.0.0 (March 2012) ---
* Enhanced the experimenter to use multiple cores.
* Added a new web browser GUI widget.
* Added a new Dashboard window with HTML5 canvas statistics graphs.
* Redesigned the experimenter interface to integrate the new statistics objects.
* Added new experiment variable options "number of objects in group" and "number of task executers."
* Developed web accessibility: Opening, configuring, running, and viewing models over the web (using a web browser or handheld device).
* Added a new AutoCAD dwg importer.
* Added model units and conversion windows. When building a new model, a screen will ask you what model units you will be using. When updating an old model, a screen will ask you what model units were used to build the old model. These settings are stored in the Tools folder of the model.
* Modified the picklist and trigger gui widgets to be easier to use.
* Created a new node datatype (DATATYPE_BUNDLE) for storing large amount of information efficiently (see documentation of bundle commands).
* Implemented a way to package media (3d shapes and bitmaps) into the model file so that you only need to distribute one file instead of a whole directory of files.
* Added an embedded command documentation window that can be opened by highlighting a command and pressing F1 in the code window or tree view.
* Added a Flexscript call stack to the debugger.
* Added a step-in function for Flexscript user commands and nodefunctions in the debugger.
* Added a logic builder interface for writing Flexscript logic without writing code. (You can change the default editor back to Code by unchecking 'File > Global Preferences > Environment > Use Logic Builder by Default'.)
* Enhanced the flexibility of pull logic and added a new pullitem() command for use in the Pull Strategy trigger.
* Improved templates to allow for popup gui windows on pick list options.
* Added a mechanism for multiple state profiles.
* Changed tables to always show the headers despite scrolling.
* Fixed a bug that was messing up the save operation when out of memory.
* Toggled the large-address-aware switch so that Flexsim can allocate more memory.
* Added floor() and ceil() commands.
* Added a switch for hashing the node's subnodes' names for quick lookup.
* Added a right-click menu option in the Labels tab so that labels' values are set on reset. This option is checked by default.
* Other various fixes from the development list.

**backwards compatibility note: the following changes may slightly change the way updated models behave**
* Fixed a critical bug in curved network length calculations.
* Fixed issues with gettenetnode() and distancetotravel() on TEs that use "do not travel offsets and block network space."
* Made a change to distancetotravel() to base the "back-to-node" distance on the center of the object instead of the object's location.
* Changed pulling to no longer override the send-to. Now both send-to and pull must check out to transfer a flowitem.
* Changed receiveitem() so that it doesn't behave as if it were pulling.
* Made the Rack's OnEntry trigger fire before evaluating the dwell time.
* Explicitly set the processor float rounding mode for consistent results in compatibility mode.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (03-26-2012)
Old 03-30-2012
Travis Hill

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
thill is on a distinguished road
Default Initial Z Rotation bug in Flexsim v6

This applies to all three conveyor objects (conveyor, mergesort and basicconveyor). If you add code to any trigger in these objects, close the properties window and reopen, the Initial Z Rotation parameter can no longer be set from the Layout tab. If you change the Initial Z Rotation value and click apply or ok the initial z rotation value changes back to it original value. if you hit the close button it keeps the value.
Old 03-30-2012
Travis Hill

Default Source arrival sequence bug

If you change the source to use an arrival sequence, when you reopen the properties window the table displayed is the arrival schedule table. As soon as you click on the table it changes to the arrival sequence table.
Old 04-02-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road

I did not know where to raise this. so sorry if that is in the wrong place.

I was using the beta version of flexsim 6 and was generally working fine. There were some issues but I guess they were due to the beta version.

Now with the current release, I cannot open any of my projects. As soon as I choose a project Flexsim 6 dies. It keeps thinking ... and never loads the project.

it does not crash but keeps loading.

when I open the same project in an older version, it tells me that the project was created in a newer version. So, it must be known with 6.

I appreciate comments.
Old 04-02-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin Gelareh View Post
I did not know where to raise this. so sorry if that is in the wrong place.
Email support. Include as much information as possible (such as a model that isn't opening).
Old 04-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road
Default Time Table Bug

Hi,

In the time table interface, the display list with the list of states only has one of the states (1-idle), the rest of the list is missing.
Also when you edit the time table with the graphical editor, it does not take in account the units defined for the model (if changed after the creation).

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	TimeTableBug.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1747  

Last edited by Lucie Lerivrey; 04-09-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Arrival Sequence / OK button

Hi

I am using the version 6 that released on 23 Mar 2012.

The arrival sequence have problem in refreshing in the information in version 6. When I re-open the arrival sequence GUI, the interface showed the arrival schedule instead of the arrival sequence. When I click GUI, then the sequence GUI appeared.

The OK button does not save the information. I need to click apply then ok.

Regards

David
Old 07-16-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Efrain Marchena is on a distinguished road
Question Dashboard

Hi, I'm using Flexsim 6.0.0 and I'm new on this, there is a way to export the graphs from the dashboard to an excel sheet or html file?
Old 07-23-2012
Travis Hill

You check the checkbox on the Experiment Run tab of the experimenter that says: "Save dashboard data for each replication". Once you run an experiment, you can export the result to html.
Sebastian Hemmann (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

But that means, there allready exists no way to export data from Dashboard to excel!?

Just tried out to copy data from treenodes into .txt and import these to excel. But while it is a inconvenient way it´s not working very sweet at all.