ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 10-08-2013
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

I see the black connection, same as Mark.

Stuck in X-click:
This has happened to me 6 times now, but I have yet to consistently replicate it. The quickest way to try is by X-clicking a Rack to toggle visual modes. I think every time it has happened to me there were a few other objects in the model and the Rack was the last created. When it happens, every click afterwards will be an X-click (without pressing the X key) until you press Esc. Unfortunately, every time I X-click after that will make it "stick" again (acting like I never released the X key). Even 'New Model' will not stop the stickiness, only a relaunch will stop it. I think it is a subtle combination of things like:

last clicked window or object
cursor mode
highlighted object
last created object
new model
undo
...?

ending in an x-click on the object

I just can't find the magic combo. I believe I have tried exactly the same combo following an occurrence and it won't happen again (after relaunch).

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 10-08-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-09-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I don't know if it is just me, but the command help looks messy (see attached picture) I'm using the version build on october 1st.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	command_list.png
Views:	182
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	2310  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (10-11-2013)
Old 10-10-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I can not see one-digit number I wrote into a label if I write it manualy until I click out of the cell.
Old 10-10-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Further to Sebastian's issue it alternates shown/ hidden as you continue to type each character - string labels too.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 10-10-2013 at 04:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-10-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about
Default Textures in AC files

When I set an imported shape to be a .ac file the texture repeat information is lost.

It would be really useful if this could be maintained as it is in .wrl files.

I have attached an image of the same 3d shape showing the differences
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	ac and wrl.png
Views:	147
Size:	997.9 KB
ID:	2313  
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Background code editor

Hi,

I changed the background colour of my code Editor to black. Now this is also shown in Properties windows as you can see in the attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7Beta2_visuals.jpg (61.7 KB, 122 views)
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default wrl looks weird

Hi,

I have used the same wrl in flexsim 6 and 7 and it looks worse in 7.

Esther
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Flexsim6Wrl.png
Views:	746
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	2316   Click image for larger version
Name:	Flexsim7Wrl.png
Views:	671
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	2317  

Last edited by Esther Bennett; 12-08-2014 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

I want to debug some query. There had been the option to set a red dot in the line of query I wanted to stop the modelrun.
Is this option working another way than in V6 or doesn´t it work at all?
Old 10-11-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

KINEMATIC_ENDDIST in getkinematics doesn't work in FlexSim 7, it returns always a 0.0

I've made an example with FlexSim 6. You can open this file in FlexSim 6 and 7 to see the difference.

The ENDDIST shows the target altitude of each box.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm problem_KINEMATIC_ENDDIST.fsm (29.2 KB, 97 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Background is at a wrong position with shadows
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	with_shadows.png
Views:	131
Size:	741.0 KB
ID:	2319   Click image for larger version
Name:	without_shadows.png
Views:	117
Size:	661.5 KB
ID:	2320  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm jumping_background.fsm (140.2 KB, 92 views)
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sebastian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
I want to debug some query. There had been the option to set a red dot in the line of query I wanted to stop the modelrun.
Is this option working another way than in V6 or doesn´t it work at all?
Have you activated the debugging in the global preferences?

I have the same problem, if I set the red debugging break point once. When I close the code window and open it again the red dot is away. Then I set the break point again and when I open the code editor the red dot is still there. Tested in the Beta 7.0 --9.5.13

Jörg
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Hi Jörg,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post

Have you activated the debugging in the global preferences?
doesn´t work at all for me. Turned this option on. Thank you for fast reply.
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Hello Sebastian,

maybe I don't understand what you mean with a query.
If I want to activate a breakpoint in a code, I activate Breakpoints in the Debug menu in the main control row. A new output window is opened at the screen bottom, with the tabs: Breakpoints, Local Variables, Watch Variables and CallStack.
To set the red dot in any code I explore the code at a node "as code". Then I can set the debug breakpoint. This way is similar to Flexsim 6. In Flexsim 5 I set the break point dot directly in the code text of a node or the trigger code editor.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (10-12-2013)
Old 10-12-2013
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
If I want to activate a breakpoint in a code, I activate Breakpoints in the Debug menu in the main control row. A new output window is opened at the screen bottom, with the tabs: Breakpoints, Local Variables, Watch Variables and CallStack.
To set the red dot in any code I explore the code at a node "as code". Then I can set the debug breakpoint. This way is similar to Flexsim 6. In Flexsim 5 I set the break point dot directly in the code text of a node or the trigger code editor.

Jörg
Thanks Jörg for this hint. I used the break points also in Flexsim 6 and didn´t know anything about this solution.
This is exactly what I´ve been looking for.
Old 10-14-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

In flexsim 7 beta 2, 32 bit version I tried to import a skp file with removed materials to let the color show in flexsim, but got an error message that skpreader.exe stopped working when I tried to add the modified skp file to an object in flexsim.

The unmodified version of the file is ok.

Esther
Attached Files
File Type: zip Media.zip (299.7 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Esther Bennett; 10-14-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2013
FlexSim Distributor

Downloads: 109
Flavio Brito is on a distinguished road
Default Visual Tool - Text

When I push the button "+" on the at the options "Display Output per Time" and "Display Input per Time" into a text visual tool the follow message is printed at the compiler console and the statistics doesn't work:

Flexscript Error VIEW:/active/VisualToolParameters393120342/tabcontrol/Display/Text/Edit TextDisplay/EditCode/DisplayPerTime395822800/Add>OnPress line 4 syntax error, unexpected identifier set, expecting ';'
Could not finish parsing because of previous errors.

Another error happen on the option "Display Date and Time" with the message:

Warning MODEL:/Text1>variables/textcode line 32 Too few parameters in call to lt
Flexscript Error MODEL:/Text1>variables/textcode line 32 syntax error, unexpected ';'
Could not finish parsing because of previous errors.

Flavio Brito.

Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Visual Tool Error.png
Views:	226
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	2322  
Old 10-15-2013
FlexSim Brasil

Downloads: 10
mefhsmflexsimbr is on a distinguished road
Default Importation issue on Beta2

Technical guys:
Please, import the file attached in version 6.0.2 and 7.0 (beta 2) and see the difference. May you tell us why it happens and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: zip TruckFRAME1.zip (16.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 10-15-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

I presume "see the difference" is that the truck is pointed the other direction.

The problem is that the Shape Factors are different. The default "shape" that you drag from the library in version 7 has different shape factors from the default visual tool in version 6.

Set the shape factors to what you want them to be.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim 6 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 84 07-26-2012 07:52 PM
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM