ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-20-2015
Axel Kohonen

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default Passing variables to a C++ node

Hi,

Might be that I am not finding it in the documentation, but how do you pass parameters to a c++-toggled node in Flexsim? My code tries to replace the built in stringtoken function as it ignores delimiters after each other and I need to know if there is an empty column, i.e. two or more delimiters after each other, in the input data.

I do not seem to be able to pass the parameters to the function. When compiling I get errors like the ones below, probable due to wrong definitions of the function:
all.cpp(7335) : error C2062: type 'char' unexpected
all.cpp(7342) : error C2065: 'str' : undeclared identifier
all.cpp(7343) : error C2065: 'str' : undeclared identifier
all.cpp(7356) : error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'char *' to 'double'

I want a function that behaves as a c-function "stringtokenSingleDelimiter(char * str, char const * delims){..." Now my user code has that name and those parameters (char * str and char const *) and I was planning on calling it that way.

Any help on clarifying the issue would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Axel

My code is currently:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
//C++ edition
char *
char * str = parstr(1);
char const * delims = parstr(2);
  static char  * src = NULL;
  char  *  p,  * ret = 0;
  if (str != NULL){
    src = str;
  }
  if (src == NULL){
    return NULL;
  }
  if ((p = strpbrk (src, delims)) != NULL) {
    *p  = 0;
    ret = src;
    src = ++p;
  }
  return ret;

Tags
c++, stringtoken

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
operators passing one another on network node danielle paniccia Q&A 1 07-07-2013 04:10 PM
How to set dynamicaly closing node edge in a network node Preethi Sivaramakrishnan Tips and Tricks 8 06-27-2013 01:35 PM
Non Passing for TEFlowitem Sung Kim Q&A 0 05-24-2013 09:51 AM
Passing parameters in executefsnode Sung Kim Q&A 2 06-01-2010 09:37 AM
Passing strings into a usercommand Nico Zahn Q&A 6 01-13-2010 11:20 AM