ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-13-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Post Material handling by operators

hy all

i have a problem on operators who carry material
they are 4 operators, 1 rack and 2 queues.2 operators carry a big size material from rack and carry it to the queue as the same way for the other operators.

i had used coordinate tasksequence but i could not solve the problem. can anyone help me out to solve this problem.

i have attached a model of it.

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm coordinate.fsm (47.0 KB, 334 views)
Old 03-13-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

perhaps you can open the source code and read the comments.
here a short example:
Quote:
//assumes a dispatcher is connected to center port 1 (the dispatcher should be connected to two or more taskexecuters).
Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (03-15-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
sravan kumar

Unhappy Need help in getting a 4 wheel hydraulic hand "trolley"

hy sir,

Thanks for your reply sir, i had checked the comments of your reply sir, but i couldn't solve it. actually i had edited the source code from centerobject(current,1) to centerobject(current,2) because they are 4 operators and 2 queues which are connected as:
the 2 operators carry 1 itemtype to one queue and
the other 2 operators carry another itemtype to another queue.
the operators arent moving at all.

and another problem that i am facing is couldn't get a 4 wheel hydraulic hand "trolley" as TE which looks like the file that i have attached.

please someone help me...

thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	images.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	2793  
Old 03-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the problem in the attached file?
Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm CoordinatedTasksequenceExample2-Standard.fsm (44.0 KB, 329 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (03-17-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hi sravan,

Here is other method but you need two dispatcher objects in this case.Connect each dispatcher object to two taskexecuters.In the send to port send items to port1 if it is itemtype 1and so with itemtype 2.In the Use transport dropdown list select the picklist option Multiple transport option.

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 03-16-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: other method
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (03-17-2015)
Old 03-17-2015
sravan kumar

hy sir

thanks for your reply jorg vogel sir and sagar bolosetti sir. it helped me to solve the problem.

i have a question which is linked to above question that is, when 2 operators who work with the help of forklift using both the above stated methods,
In coordinate method when i am trying to solve the problem it is always showing an error on null tasksequence of 1 operator and when i recheck it the operator or the forklift shows the same error of null TS. I have connected dispatcher with
center port1 => source, center port2=>forklift, centreport3=>destination point.

IN multiple transport method all the 3 members are moving but i need only the forklift to carry load and both the operators must move along with the forklift.

please help me sir's.

thank you

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Tuggers for material flow sambhajimahadik Flexsim Student Forum 3 07-02-2014 10:53 PM
Help with material flow in a facility Andres Gomez Q&A 6 11-18-2011 03:28 AM
Training Material for Kinematics David Chan Gripes and Goodies 5 03-31-2009 06:55 AM
Double load handling ASRS Paul Dowling Q&A 8 05-06-2008 10:19 PM