ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
vasiliki grigorakaki is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Networknode

Hello. I have created a model, but i have a problem with the networknode.I have created a network node(with "A" connections),but i don't know how to make the operators to travel through it.Please help me.
Old 08-04-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

We recommend you go through the tutorial section of the manual.

In lesson 3's step-by-step section you'll see it explains that you need to connect a transporter (or operator in your case) to the network using the 'A' key.
Old 08-05-2011
Flexsim User

The operators are flowitems coming from a source.I can't connect all of them to the network.
Old 08-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello vasiliki,

Take a look at the flownodes, they are used for flowitems in stead of network nodes.

Esther
The Following User Says Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
vasiliki grigorakaki (08-05-2011)
Old 08-05-2011
Flexsim User

Thank you.And how can i make the operators follow different random paths?
Old 08-05-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

If you still want the operator flowitems to use a network, try using the 'taskexecuterflowitem' and choose the corresponding transportdispatcher picklist item under the flow page/tab.

If your destinations are connected via network nodes to the source, you can just return uniform(1,nrop(current),<stream>) in the sendtoport trigger of the flow page/tab. They will then use the same route for each destination unless you return a non zero from arrivaltrigger of a given network node - indicating which output path to go down.

If you use flownodes you can return a random port as above in the sendtoport trigger of the flownode's flow page/tab - but with that technique you can't control where they end up as easily.
Old 08-07-2011
Flexsim User

I have done what you told me, using network node, but everytime an operator comes to a specific node, it sais:a traveler's requested destination is not reachable from the network. I rechecked my connections, but i don't see a problem.Furthermore, i didn't find the corresponding transportdispatcher under the flow page/tab, that you told me to choose.
Old 08-07-2011
Flexsim Consultant

I don't understand how your operators are using the network nodes if you didn't find the correct transport dispatcher pick item.

Attached is a quick model so you can check the settings I used.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm OperatorsOnNetworks.fsm (57.0 KB, 134 views)
Old 08-08-2011
Flexsim User

I can' t open the file you sent me. Operators coming from a source, go to a source and then i want to move them through the network. I don't see a flow tab page under the task executer flow item.
Old 08-08-2011
Flexsim Consultant

The flow tab is on the source. Where it says 'Request Transport From' you select 'TaskExecuter as FlowItem'. The Source should be connected to the Network you want it to use, as should the destination(s).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (08-08-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get the objects on the edge between to networknode Hao Zhou Q&A 2 12-23-2010 05:22 AM
Two Questions:about networknode and dispatcher actualliu Q&A 3 10-28-2010 01:43 PM