ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Eike Schulz is on a distinguished road
Default Reference to Item in Processor from OnBreakDown Trigger

Hi everybody,

I'm using the MTBF/MTTR function to simulate breakdowns on the processors in my model. Now I want to mark items that are in the processor when it breaks down as "not okay"(label on the item).
Is there a simple way to get a reference to this Item in the OnBreakDown trigger? Currently I have worked my way around by using a marker label on the processor and marking the Item in the OnExit trigger of the workstation but a reference to the Item directly from the OnBreakDown trigger would also make some other things easier!

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Eike Schulz
Old 06-02-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

You can use first(), last() passing in the failed object ('downobject' or 'involved'), or rank() which allows you to select from a number of items if it's processing them in parallel eg. 'rank(downobject,2)'
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Eike Schulz (06-03-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
item flow coordination in modified processor onject syseo Q&A 3 03-10-2011 05:05 AM
Where can I find Programming Language Reference ? Robert Liu Q&A 3 10-26-2009 02:40 AM
how to add custom draw code trigger in flow item LINWEIXU Q&A 10 09-10-2009 12:19 AM
Changing the height that a Transporter drops off an item to a Processor KelvinHo Q&A 1 04-10-2008 09:29 AM
Get view reference AlanZhang Q&A 3 03-13-2008 08:51 AM