ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-15-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Vinay Mehendiratta is on a distinguished road
Default shortest path algorithm

i have a situation where operator moves from origin to destination using the shortest path.

does some one a sample model that uses shortest path algo ? does Flexsim have an inbuilt algorithm like that ?

thanks,
Vinay
Old 01-15-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 5
Brenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to all

Vinay,
The default option for an operator is to take the shortest path between two points, even if he is on a network. Have you tried it out and it doesn't work correctly?
The Following User Says Thank You to Brenton King For This Useful Post:
nkunche (04-27-2012)
Old 01-16-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Brendon,

is there a documentation about the shortest path algorithm used as default ? is Dijkstra's algorithm used to calculate the shortest path ?

thanks for letting me know that default is shortest path algorithm. i even missed basic thing like that.

thanks,
Vinay
Old 01-16-2008

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 31
Paul Toone is on a distinguished road

Yes, Dijkstra's algorithm is the algorithm used for the calculation of shortest distance.

As a side note: In Flexsim v4.3 you will have access to the distance and nextnode tables that are created by the Dijkstra's algorithm.

I hope this answers your question.

Paul
Old 01-25-2008
Flexsim User

i have not seen 4.3 yet. it is good to hear that nnextnodetable would be easily available there. what if i want to use the shortest path algorithm but the selected path should be based on the cost associated with the path and not the distance. is it possible to add another column to nnextnode table by the user and specify that use edge related cost instead of edge distance to find the shortest path ?

thanks,
Vinay
Old 01-25-2008

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 31
Paul Toone is on a distinguished road

The only way you can do that is to use the virtual distances on the network node edges to represent cost instead of distance (although that will cause the distances of the edges to be the virtual distances).

I hope this will fix your problems. Let us know if you have further questions or problems with this.

Paul

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get a full path of the current open Flexsim model file. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 7 04-17-2008 10:39 AM