ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-11-2016
ACGN SeaTT

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Question How to open and close the queue input/output every 30 sec?

Dear all,

I am doing a transportation traffic road simulation with flexsim 6.0 version.

i have created the 5 sources representing 5 different vehicles and connect them to the queue (for the vehicles can go to random port) and then 2 same direction conveyors and finally sink.

Now i wish to the vehicles can pass through the queue every 30 sec, which means that 30 sec allow the car pass through and stop the car for another 30 sec. But i do not know how to do and i have limited knowledge on programming code.

Great thanks
kevin
Old 04-11-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

this looks like you should use Messages to Close and open the Output of your Queue. You also will need a Counter or a request to find out if your ports are open or closed.

In the attached model I did the following:

On reset I´m sending two Messages (OnReset Trigger Queue). The first one with a delay of 30s and a Parameter 1. The second message has a delay of 60s and a Parameter 2.
In the Message Trigger I´m closing/ opening the outputport depending on the Parameter. This you could do with pick Options. What you couldn´t do with pick Options was to send another message of of the messagetrigger to repeat this function. Thatswhy I added the last line of query in the script. From here I´m sending a message with a delay of 60s that repeats the Parameter.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Close_and_open_ports_30sec.fsm (30.8 KB, 364 views)

Tags
close, every 30 sec, open, queue

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to open and close the queue input/output every 30 sec? ACGN SeaTT Flexsim Student Forum 1 05-10-2016 03:28 AM
Open and Close Output Herwina Richelle Andres Q&A 4 03-22-2016 09:59 AM
Close or open the output for the source Ismail Benabicha Flexsim Student Forum 2 04-30-2015 01:13 PM
Close and Open ports in Processor every 80 seconds? Gaurav Majumdar Q&A 2 07-17-2013 11:19 AM
How to open/close processor when there is a long queue Lilian_wulp Q&A 5 12-03-2008 08:51 AM