ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Gavin Douglas is on a distinguished road
Default Simple TS Question

I have a simple model I'm working on with just a few objects. I'm creating a Task Sequence at the object "LOOK HERE" and running off the pick object trigger. I want the first item in the tasksequence to be utilize that's why I'm running it on this trigger.
How would you guys reccomend that I control the TS from firing based on the "D Building Combiner" status. I don't want to fire it when it is full. If I send a message to myself while looking at a label downstream I get the problem of firing off the TS multiple times (in between lables changing). Is there a simple way to crack this nutt.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (78.7 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-29-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

Just about to go home so haven't got time to look at the model but could you possibly use another label or variable to stop the Task sequence being fired repeatedly.

e.g.

If Condition is true and new label = 0

Fire task sequence and set new label to 1

On completion of the task sequecne reset the new label to 0

Just and idea?

Whatever you do tyr and keep it simple is my philosophy!

Anth
Old 02-01-2010
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Gavin,

The "Pick Operator" field gets evaluated at the start of the Process Time event for each flowitem that is processed by the Processor. It will not be evaluated more than once for the same flowitem!

Rather than controlling the creation of the tasksequence, have you considered controlling the passing of the tasksequence using a Dispatcher? Just an idea for you to think about. I admit I'm not totally clear on your objectives...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (02-01-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple Separator Question Anthony Timmiss Q&A 1 01-25-2010 08:22 AM
Seek for some help in a simple question KelvinHo Q&A 3 01-20-2010 02:52 AM
A simple question about “block” Vic Li Q&A 10 08-27-2009 11:20 AM
simple pallet question (i think) bsantens Q&A 2 03-23-2009 11:39 AM
simple question for operators Kang Han Q&A 1 10-23-2008 08:35 AM