ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-24-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Robert Liu is on a distinguished road
Default question about queue

In my model, there are three types items, my question is how can I put the three type items in queue by rule such like: in first layer, three reds\three blues\three yellows; the second layer, three blues\three yellows\ three reds; the third layer, three yellows\ three reds \three blues;……another words, the same type items are put together in given order in every layer. But now, the items in queue are shown stochastically.
Who can help me? Thanks a lot!
Attached Files
File Type: zip queue1.zip (32.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 12-25-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Goksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: question about queue

Just out of curiosity: Is there a specific reason you need to have only one queue?

Thanks in advance,
Old 12-26-2010
Flexsim User

Goksin, Thanks for your suggestion, maybe more queues is a good idea.
en, one or two queues is not the key, I only want to know how to set the items inside the queue following given order but not stochastically. For example, 20 items, shown as 4 rows\5 columns inside a queue. Easy or not easy?
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I´m not sure, if I understood your question wright. But I think, using a rack instead of queue could help you.
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

my question is list in attached files, the"queue in rule" is I want,but in Flexsim "queue in stochastic" is the default.
I think this is a easy question but I can't find how to realize "queue in rule".
Attached Files
File Type: zip queue.zip (99.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

So take a rack with only one level and as many bays as itemtypes / colours you have.
On the "Rack" Tab you can choose "By Expression" in the picklist of "Place in Bay" options and getitemtype for choosing the bays.
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

But for your original question, I believe it´s not easy to do this with a Queue.
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

Sebastian, Thanks a lot.
Maybe rack is the only way to realize the storage by given rule, I'm doubt queue not has this function. Is this the common problem of 3D simulation?
Old 12-28-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Robert,

What you want is very specific, tomorrow somebody might come that wants the first product upside down and the second not and every 6th should be 2 cm higher.

As you see you can think out every possible combination of storing products. And ofcourse these can not all be foreseen and programmed. So Flexsim gives you a simple queue with some basic rules (stack inside, stack vertically etc) and it gives you triggers to create all the complex logic you would like. I propose you take a look a the following post :http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...?t=1583&page=2

Here they also wanted to create a certain logic inside a queue. Please read this post and see if it will help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Robert Liu (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010
Flexsim User

Steven, thanks a lot for your help!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question on queue KelvinHo Q&A 15 11-09-2011 07:16 AM
3 queue problem shafizad Q&A 4 08-06-2010 01:51 PM
Pulling from a Queue vs Sorting the Queue Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 3 03-03-2010 01:27 AM
Queue Sorting Jeff Nordgren Q&A 12 05-22-2008 03:21 PM
Queue stacking Paul Dowling Q&A 2 11-27-2007 11:57 PM