ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-03-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Default Make Operator Use a Forklift

I thought I saw an example up here once that had an operator that would use a forklift. The forklift did not show an operator sitting in it. When the operator received a certain task sequence, he would go and "use" the forklift to do the task.
Did I dream this or can someone point me in the right direction?

Longer term, might be a nice subclass of object where an task executer could "Use" them. Think of forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, cars & trucks, etc. If there were a command to Use these special objects it could be pretty handy. (provided it doesn't already exist).
Old 02-03-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

These kind of things are al done with coordinated tasksequences. I think that the example of the forklift truck is actually in the Flexsim helpfile. Otherwise look on the forum and in the download section. I'm pretty sure there are some examples about using a coordinated tasksequence. It is a very powerfull feature but can be a bit complex at times.
Old 02-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I remember this model too. But can´t find it now. I´m noticed the Transporter hadn´t been empty. Just waited until the Operator arrived and started it´s travel.
Old 02-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1565
Old 02-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

I've done this a few times however the models were all in v4.52 it is all done with coordinated task seqeucnes which are quite easy once you've done them a few times. I've attahced an old model that I think shows what you want, however it was in v4.52 so the 3D Shapes for the Trucks don't appear to be working.

I originally followed the example in the tutorials and then got some help from Cliff King. The trick was to start off with 3D shape of a truck showing no operator, when the operator gets loaded into the truck, make the operator really small so you can't see him and then change the 3D shape of the truck to make it look like he is driving. Then when you take the oeprator out of the truck set everything back to normal and make the operator's location to be next to the truck.

If I can find any posts relating to this actual problem I will add the links in here.

Here is the text from the email Cliff sent me. I think one of the probelms is that there isn't a 3D shape anymore for a forklift without an operator. The FS1 file is the one Cliff sent.

Anthony,

There is another graphic in the fs3d/Transporter folder called "Forklift without Operator.3ds". The only problem with that one is that it is sized different than the default forklift. This is the graphic I used but I had to play around with the size of the graphic a bit. I created two global variables to hold the graphic IDs of the two different forklifts. I initialize these variables in a User Event called Initialization. Then I changed your task sequence in the queue to send a message to the forklift so I can change the graphics.

I think that's pretty much it. If you have any questions, let us know.

JeffTech Support Mgr.Flexsim Software Products, Inc.Voice: 801-224-6914Email: [email protected]URL: www.flexsim.com
Hope This helps

Anth
Attached Files
File Type: zip CoOrd TS with GUI 28th Jan 2009 pallets.zip (70.4 KB, 192 views)
File Type: zip My Coordinated Task Sequence_FS1.fsm.zip (52.3 KB, 216 views)
Old 02-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

You also find some words on this issue in the official FlexSim helpfile under "Tasksequences" > "Coordinated Task Sequences".

There is an example where 3 operators share two forklifts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jens Mühlheimer For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (02-15-2011)

Tags
forklift, task executor

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THIS IS A CHALLENGE! tasksequence question regarding one forklift and 20 queues DilAmaya Q&A 1 09-13-2009 09:44 PM
how to make the forklift grab a pallet from the upper levels of the rack and place it in the first or second l LINWEIXU Q&A 5 09-04-2009 01:25 AM
Set maxcontent of Forklift Anthony Timmiss Q&A 3 02-04-2009 02:54 AM
How to make a subroutine? Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 1 08-18-2008 08:30 AM
Forklift with custom fork 3D object. Anthony Johnson Tips and Tricks 0 07-09-2008 12:22 PM