ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 08-30-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Pongjetanapong is on a distinguished road
Default Resources do not go back to being "Offschedule" when they are preempted from the break

Hi,

I've ran into a problem where I specified in the down functionality of the shift schedule to allow a resource to be preempted away from break and allow them to finish break late ("YES" for both options) but what I find is that when a resource is preempted from the break once it has finished carrying out the preempting task it does not go back to the break, it just keeps waiting for a task. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ploy
Old 08-31-2014
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

The preempted task sequence associated with the original Down Function call is put in a queue somewhere (most likely in the staff member's own tasksequencequeue), but it sounds like it is not at the top of the queue when the staff member finishes the preempting task. Could be a matter of priorities, or possibly a bug, but I can't tell without the model.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can you have a visual tool that has a mixture of "protected" and "no select"? thill Q&A 1 03-13-2012 12:44 AM
"Break to" Requirement Dane Lee Q&A 7 12-25-2009 10:55 PM
"Break to"problem Vic Li Q&A 0 10-30-2008 10:02 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
Can coordinated task sequence and "break to requirement" be used together? qin tian Q&A 1 05-26-2008 10:44 AM