ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-22-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road
Default few questions: Node toggled s flexscript, C++, dll

Hi everybody,

almost all triggers have tree radio buttons: 1) Flexscript, 2)C++ and 3) dll plus one checkbox "locked"

It seems like I am not able to find a clear description of the C++ and dll toggled nodes.
Can someone tell me where can I find something to read on it in manual or perhaps anyone is interested to share the understandings?

Also what does this "Locked" is doing there?

secondly, I also have difficulties to find some "more than a few words" description of the "nodefunction".
Does anyone know where in manual I can find more about the nodefunctions?

Any comment appreciated.
regards,
Old 04-23-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

When you toggle to C++, Flexsim will know that the code are C/C++ code and therefore the model need to be compiled. You must have Visual C++ installed, Visual Studio 2010 C++ Express is enough.

DLL is used to tell the node to use a function in a DLL and the DLL is coded and compiled in Visual C++.

What I know there is no more information about nodefunction in the manual, I can be wrong. What is it about nodefunction you need to know?

Lars-Olof
Old 04-23-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road

Thanks Lars-Oloffor your comments --- much appreciated.

Well, I do not know the concept. what is that where can be useful and stuff like that. E.g. is it a node which works as a function and can be called everywhere or any thing similar? why many people refer to this in their posts and make use of it as seems very important but at the same time it is hard to find anything about it in manual.
I just want to know, am I missing anything when I do not know and do not use it?

best
The Following User Says Thank You to Shahin Gelareh For This Useful Post:
Lars-Olof Leven (04-23-2012)
Old 04-23-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I have not used nodefunctions myself, have not yet needed it.

Most cases you can and should use user commands.
For example if you need to use the same logic in many places I should use user commands.

I should use nodefunction if I developed my own object, then I can use a node in the object as a function instead of a user commands.
Using a nodefunction is a way to "hide" logic from a user, make it harder to do changes.

What to use is up to you. Sometimes user command is better and sometimes are nodefunction.

Hope this help you little.

Lars-Olof
Old 04-23-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin Gelareh View Post
Also what does this "Locked" is doing there?
There is also a "Locked" checkbox at the bottom of the view. This checkbox should only apply to Flexscript or C++ code. It lets you lock the code state of the field to either Flexscript or C++. In the main Build menu, there are two options to make all code either C++ or Flexscript. (...) In this case you would check the Lock checkbox to lock the code state of the given field, so that when you choose the Make all code C++ or Make all code Flexscript menu option, that field will not be switched over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jens Mühlheimer For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (04-23-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set dynamicaly closing node edge in a network node Preethi Sivaramakrishnan Tips and Tricks 8 06-27-2013 01:35 PM
How to change FlexScript node function luis quinones Tips and Tricks 1 09-14-2010 03:50 AM
about flexscript Kang Han Q&A 2 10-03-2008 09:21 AM
Edit Value of Variable in Flexscript Node Joe Allen Q&A 19 09-17-2008 05:39 PM
Find all nodes toggled as C++ Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-18-2008 03:36 PM