ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-05-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Jacob Meijer is on a distinguished road
Default Crane used by operator.

I have a problem. I have a queue were different parts arrive. The have to be transported to another queue. There are two options for it. Parts below 25kg are transported by a operator. When a part is transported and has a weight of more than 25 kg it is transported by a crane which is used by the operator. How can I implement this in my model?
Old 12-05-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an example which simply returns one of two transports from the transportdispatcher based on the label "weight". It's a modified "Conditional Transport" picklist option.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TwoTransportersCondition.fsm (24.6 KB, 433 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 11-10-2014 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (12-09-2013)
Old 12-09-2013
Flexsim User

Thanks for the model. Such a model I had made myself.

But my problem is that a package with different parts arrives at the queue. In this package are parts with a weight lower than 25kg and with a weight more than 25 kg.
Only one part can be transported at the same time. The operator can move the parts lower than 25 kg and operates the crane when it transports the other parts.
Old 12-09-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Okay a simple coordinated task in this model.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TwoTransportersCondition2.fsm (26.2 KB, 70 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (12-10-2013)
Old 01-17-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you. But I do not really get the point were it happens. The problem is also that I have a pull system.
I have attached a model. The parts have to be transported form Sorting line 1 position 2 and sorting line 2 position 2 to the pallet places. The operator is used for parts under 25 kg. The crane for parts to 250 kg. These two are not allowed to work at the same time.
Old 01-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

after loading and start running the model the model stops. You see the source code of the coordinated tasksequence. If you add a traveltask and a synctask to let travel the taskexecuter of the operator1key to the destination, the model will do what you want.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (01-20-2014)
Old 01-30-2014
Flexsim User

The problem is still not not what I want. The operator and the crane work still togehter when I expand the list of parts and change the maximum number of the processor

I have attached my model and it happens during the transport between sorting line 1 position 2 and the pallets. The crane and the operator work at the same time. This is not allowed.
The nicest solution would be when I am able to make the model such that the operator transports all the parts and that he will use the crane when a part has a weight of more than 25kg.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm model_metalix_2.6.fsm (319.4 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-03-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jacob,

then do what you want. Let the Operator do the work. The Load Time is the first event you can use to do it. In this function you collect the data you need to build a new coordinated tasksequence to accomplish your transport. Then you dispatch a new tasksequence to the Operator to preempt and destroy the active tasksequence. Then you dispatch the coordinated tasksequence in which the crane and the operator work together. To prevent that your teammembers do something in the time before the coordinated tasksequence is working. You could dispatch a utilze task. If the coordinated tasksequence is dispatched you free the members.
Other useful methodes are call subtasks and breaking to existing tasksequences.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-03-2014)

Tags
crane, operator

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breakdown -> call operator -> repair breakdown by operator KvThiel Q&A 4 02-26-2013 03:43 AM
How to use the crane like operator during setup and processing time? syseo Q&A 2 08-05-2011 12:09 PM
Crane travel For use as process operator Ryan Haferbecker Q&A 0 01-31-2011 03:05 PM
Crane Move Sung Kim Q&A 2 06-05-2008 03:03 PM
Crane Logic: How to find out what a crane currently is doing? Tom David Q&A 5 06-02-2008 11:57 PM