ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Competitive Comparisons
Downloads

Competitive Comparisons An open discussion of Flexsim's strengths and weaknesses compared to competitive products

Old 10-12-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Albert Munoz is on a distinguished road
Default Flexsim vs ExtendSim

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone out there who is versed in both softwares? Personally, I think they are both quite competitive, with Flexsim having a significant edge in terms of Graphics and displays (creation of custom GUIs is certainly an advantage).

I am currently in a situation where I need to rebuild a model in Flexsim that is already built and running in Extendsim. I am trying to learn the ropes in Flexsim as fast as possible but I am in a bit of a time crunch here and need some help from anyone who has had experience on both softwares.

Thanks
Albert Munoz
Old 10-13-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Albert,

Even somebody that doesn't have extendsim experience might be very beneficiary for you. Because if you tell us what you want to model, somebody on this forum can give you tips on how to do that. Which helps you a lot in terms of modelling time and doing it right the first time
Old 10-13-2010
Flexsim User

Thank you very much... The model I am trying to build is a bit complex, I will try posting on the Q&A forum one bit at a time.
Old 10-13-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

i has had experience on both softwares.
Old 10-13-2010
Flexsim User

Hello,

I noticed you replied to my post saying you had experience with both ExtendSim and Flexsim Softwares. I have been working with ExtendSim for close to 4 years full time.

Currently I am trying to create a model in Flexsim that does the same function as a model of mine in ExtendSim. Is it ok if I sent you the model I am trying to replicate (it will actually only be a small piece of a larger model) via email? I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
Albert
Old 10-13-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Smile

my email is [email protected],you can sent it to me
Old 10-14-2010
CN biggest Sim***** *****

Downloads: 70
zhouzheng is on a distinguished road

me too. if you can send me your model,maybe i can spent sometime looking into it...i had 5 years with extendsim and 1 year with flexsim and 1+ year with simio
[email protected]

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does Flexsim compare with ExtendSim? Kenny Macleod Competitive Comparisons 9 09-08-2009 02:19 PM