ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-19-2015
Anna Lisa Dierking

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Reverse Conveyor Direction

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to reverse the conveyor direction dynamically?

I would like my item to go up the side conveyor, then delay and then go back down the same side conveyor to be transfered to the sink. (see attachment)

Is there a solution?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Reverse Direction.png
Views:	553
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	3115  
Old 11-19-2015
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

I can do this by Basic Conveyor of legacy conveyors easily. But I cannot do it by conveyor module.
Also looking for the solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-19-2015)
Old 11-20-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough
Default Reverse Direction

Hi All,

The function_s(conveyor, "switchDirection"); command will help you to switch the conveyor direction dynamically.

From the command helper:

function_s executes code associated with the node found in the object's event functions group having the specified name.

In the attached model, the code is written inside the reset trigger of the decision point of the conveyor. I am not sure, whether this is an elegant solution to work on your problem. But still you can try.

Note: Press reset button to change the direction

Regards,

Arun KR,
CCS, India
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Reverse Direction_AKR.fsm (14.3 KB, 378 views)

Last edited by arunkrmahadeva; 11-20-2015 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Add info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
vivek dubey (07-25-2017)
Old 11-20-2015
Jing Chen

Thanks Arun KR,
I also had tried to use function_s(conveyor, "switchDirection") which I found it from the "OnPress" attributes of "Reverse Direction" button.
But when I use it to reverse the conveyor direction dynamically as Anna do, the item will overlap after reversing direction.

(BTW, https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ead.php?t=3189 This thread also has a problem about conveyor module to be overcome in #12, Does anybody can solve it?)

Maybe I have not find out how to do it correctly, so I attach my model and hope you or someone can modified it.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Reverse_Direction_Conveyor_chj_v7.5.fsm (18.7 KB, 351 views)
Old 11-20-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default It is not reversible in conveyor module...

https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ying+direction

You can find my question and replying about it.
Old 11-20-2015
Jing Chen

Thanks syseo,
But I can not open the link you post (you can see the pic attached).
Could you please post your question and replying again in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	QQ截图20151120202721.png
Views:	389
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	3118  
Old 11-20-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about

This was my question.
I want to know if the forward or backward direction flow is possible in new conveyor module.

The new conveyor module and the objects look like powerful than old.
And I find the flow direction to be displayed above it.
I want to know if the forward and backward flow is possible by using motor control.

And Where can I find the tutorials to use all objects of new conveyor module?

Followed was replying.

If conveyor accumulation effects are not required at the point where you are reversing directions, you can always use the offset kinematics functionality on the conveyor to manually move items backwards and forwards (see the Movement > Translate Item decision point behavior for an example). That's one avenue to try. Or you could bring the items off the conveyor system at that point and use other objects or the legacy basic conveyor.
The Following User Says Thank You to syseo For This Useful Post:
Jing Chen (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Right now the new conveyor module does not support dynamically reversing the direction of the conveyor. This is on our list of things to add, but I can't say right now when that will be. As I said in the other post, you can use kinematics to manipulate item location if you don't need to worry about accumulation. Alternately you can use the legacy basic conveyor.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
vivek dubey (07-25-2017)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offset TE only in x direction David Chan Q&A 1 03-10-2014 11:24 PM
Reverse of transporter using task sequence Manoj Kumar Q&A 1 06-26-2012 07:33 AM
TE rotation direction Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 2 10-27-2011 09:31 AM
is it posibble to reverse Y axis of an object? zhang xin Q&A 1 11-29-2009 09:17 AM