ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-18-2015
José Soares

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Modelling machine wear out with MTBF.

Hi

I trying to build models for simulating machine wear out.

I guess the right way to do it is by decreasing the MTBF input in the "MTBF/MTTR object" of that processor, as "processing time" increases.

The Weibull distribution is commonly used to describe lifetime statistics. Has anyone implemented any of the Weibull distribution associated functions on flexsim?

Does anyone have a model that simulates machine wear out, or better ideas on how i can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
José Soares
Old 12-20-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

You could write the parameters of the weibull distribution in a table and then create a user event that fires every (week, month, year? ) and update those parameters in that event.
Or create a complete table with parameters and update the pointer after every time period so point to a new set of parameters.
Old 12-21-2015
José Soares

Downloads: 0

Thanks for your reply Steven.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. My problem with Flexsim's statistical distributions is that they are a "distribution over a possible range of values as determined by random probabilities,"... and not "a distribution of values spread over a time period" as Cliff King puts it in https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...t=distribution.
I was thinking of trying to implement the associated functions (Hazard Rate, Survival function. etc...), but I'm not sure how to do it or even if it is the best way to go...

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modelling a Supply chain UrbanAviator Q&A 9 06-27-2014 05:38 AM
Fluid modelling strategy question brett forbes Q&A 1 03-25-2013 07:30 PM
Is it possible to wear a 3D glasses to see? zhang xin Q&A 1 04-01-2011 07:49 AM
Modelling Equations Albert Munoz Q&A 3 10-14-2010 02:10 AM
Modelling a 12-joint robot! Kenny Macleod Q&A 4 07-20-2010 11:30 AM