ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-05-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Vic Li is on a distinguished road
Default how to set preempt by label?

my question is in"Queue5" that has two kind of labels .
One is "G==1" and the other one is "G==2".
"G==1" has load time for 20 sec.
"G==2" has load time for 0 sec.

If when loading the label of "G==1" , label of "G==2" get into Queue5,
label of "G==1" will be preempted by label of "G==2".

I wanna know how to modify my code, if anyone can give
me some idea , I will appreciated you so much~
Attached Files
File Type: zip preempt.zip (53.2 KB, 302 views)
Old 10-13-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Vic,

First, in Queue5 I could not find where you were setting a label, so you need to clarify where you are executing the code that is giving you the problem.

Second, I think that you may be asking why items with "G" values equal to 2 leave in front of items with "G" values equal to 1. If this is correct then it is because you told the model to do so. The OnEntry trigger of Queue5 explicitly says to rerank the items in the queue in a decending order according to the "G" label.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 10-15-2008
Flexsim User

Thanks Brandon Peterson~

I will try to re-explain my question:

first, I set the label on the "item".
second, I mean if when robot5 loading the "item" whose value is 1 of label"G",during the loading time 20 secs, the "item" whose value is 2 of label"G" get into Queue5, then the robot5 will stop loading the "item" whose value is 1 of label"G" and then directly loading the "item" whose value is 2 of label"G" ~

this is what I really wanna know.
if anyone can give
me some idea , I will appreciated you so much~
Old 10-15-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Vic,

First, you need to make the load time of the robot based on the item type of the flowitem. I believe that you should be able to do most of that task with a pick list option.

Second, You will need to write your own task sequence in the "Request Transport From" field so that you can set it to preempting with the G label is 2. Again, there is a pick list option that will get you most of the way here.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 10-19-2008
Flexsim User

Dear Brandon Peterson,I've tried the method you mentioned, but I failed. As you said, there were lots of options to choice in the "Request Transport From" field , I really didn't find which one is much near what I need. And I've confused for very long time. Maybe I should detailed answer! In fact I extremely anxiously in knowing the answer. If you can build a model for me as example. I'll greatly appreciates your Help !!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
String as label of a flowitem Matthias Hofmann Q&A 2 09-18-2008 11:15 AM
Checking to see if a label exists Paul Dowling Q&A 3 04-28-2008 11:03 PM