ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 08-10-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Two questions that are raised

There are 2 questions that were asked by one of lead
1. If a certain container with an ID could be identified and located from the model.
2. Beside the current dispatching rule on RTG dispatcher, could customised code be built?

Regards

David
Old 08-11-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

1. You could use for loops to search through your model for an item with the ID, but that would be slow and prone to null pointer exceptions which would cause it to stop the search early. It is possible do search your whole model, but I would recommend that when you create the item (in an OnCreation trigger, perhaps), set a global treenode pointer to it. Even when it moves around in the model, its location in memory won't change so a treenode pointer will still point to it.

2. I haven't worked with the RTG dispatcher much. It does have a variable called passto like a regular dispatcher. I am very unsure about this because the dll probably takes over, but maybe if you put some code in there it will change where it sends the tasksequences.

Last edited by Alex Christensen; 08-11-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: I found the RTG dispatcher in the CT library.
Old 08-11-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Alex,

1. I could not find anything information of the container when the container is placed into the yard. I guessed the information is put away till that container is retrieved from the yard again. Please advise if that is the way the model is designed.

2. There is no passto pick list from the RTG dispatcher. It has only "Extend Range based on:"

David
Old 08-18-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

1. You'll have to store your own pointer to it. In the attached model, I used a global variable to point to it. See the triggers of the source and the user event.

2. Like I said, I don't really know how the RTG dispatcher works. Maybe you could just use a regular dispatcher.
Attached Files
File Type: zip flowitem global variable.zip (46.6 KB, 323 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
Goksin Yilmaz (08-18-2008)
Old 08-18-2008
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Alex,
Actually, in Flexsim CT, you can't store pointers to containers. Flexsim CT recycles the container objects, so once a container goes into a block, the object itself is recycled, and the data for the container is stored in a database.

To get information regarding where a container is, you'll need to use the getcontainerstat command, or to get the ids of containers in a block, you'll need to use the getblockstat command. Unfortunately, I don't know if we included the documentation for these commands in the last release, but we'll try to include that in the next one.

Also, the RTG dispatcher is a custom-designed object that uses a specific dispatch algorithm to try and make sure that RTG's do not cross over each other. Hence it can't give the user a straight "pass-to" field because it implements the pass-to itself. For now you must use one of the options that the RTG dispatch gives you.

There is, however, a "Custom" field available to you in the Resource Dispatch tab of the yard parameters window, and you can write custom code in that field as part of a rule in your resource dispatch strategy. In that field, the id of the container being stacked/unstacked is passed in as parval(1), so you can use getcontainerstat() with that id to get more information on that. The field should return a true or false as to whether that rule is a "match."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Jonathan Fan (05-14-2009)
Old 01-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

"the data for the container is stored in a database."

could you tell me where is the database?
Old 01-22-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

In private memory. Use the getcontainerstat() command to get access to the information in it.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions about installation in vista Ning Wang Installation 14 10-24-2008 01:08 AM