ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-10-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default snap to grid with even number on ysize

I found a strange thing while modeling and hope anybody can help me.
I turned on Snap to grid and set the ankle (RZ) to 90. If the Object (Conveyor) SY is an even number, the position is not really snaped to the shown network.
As seen in the attached model.
This wouldn´t be a big problem, with turning off the snap to grid.
But I want to set location by setloc(); and this way its getting little more difficult to find out where to set. Even if I try to set the position dependent on the position of other objects. Maybe as shown in a Container.
On Reset both Conveyors should be set to Location (0,0,0) of there Containers.
Can anybody help me?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Snap_to_grid_SH.fsm (40.7 KB, 166 views)
Old 06-10-2011
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Sebastian,

if you look into the conveyor's tree, you find a node /spatial/centroid.
If this is set to "1" as it is for the conveyor by default, z rotation is performed around the center point of the yellow bounding box.
If you want the rotation to be done around the upper left corner, you will need to set the node centroid to "0".

Best wishes

Ralf
aka Ralle
Flexsim
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (06-12-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Number of central port FlorianK Q&A 2 05-26-2011 05:44 AM
How to calculate the digging number? zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 07-03-2010 02:03 AM
Snap Planner Ben Wilson Marketing and Sales Information 1 01-04-2010 11:21 AM
how to make a object in a userlibrary tree to display in the library grid? zhang xin Q&A 1 11-26-2009 06:29 AM
how to get number of itemtype Vic Li Q&A 11 08-19-2009 11:20 PM