ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-16-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
muriana cinzia is on a distinguished road
Smile use of experimenter tool

Hello everyone
It's the first time I write in the forum .
First I apologize for my English.

I hawe a question for you.
I should do a number n of replications of a scenario with flexsim . I want to know if the experimenter tool calculates the average values of variables in the model not only of every replication, but also the average values related to all replications.
Tanks, Cinzia.
Old 12-16-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hi,

Yes, in the tab Performance Measures of the experimenter you can define the statistics you want to evaluate. After the replications if you go see these statistics you will see the average values, confidence interval, etc plus a graphic representation of the results of each replication.

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (12-16-2009)
Old 12-16-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
I´m just working since some days with the experimenter tool. Didn´t find many information in this forum but found out by trying and in the user manuals, that it´s very easy to use. Probably you build a small modell in which you try out the functions and what numbers you get with which setup.
Under View Results in the Performance Measures you can find what you want and even export this to excel.
With the advanced field it even is possible to generate an standard report to excel.
It´s only an little tricky to change variables which aren´t numbers in the different scenarios. But working with an global table would help here.
Greetings
Old 12-08-2010
Student

Downloads: 2
Congshi Wang is on a distinguished road

Hi,

can you please explain how to export the resuts from the experimenter window to excel. I just know the button to export the results as a html document, but not as an excel or csv document.

thanks!
Old 12-09-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Didn´t work with it for a very long time.
The function you are looking for, you will find in the "Advanced" option of the Experimenter. There you will find a "Standard Report for Model" option in the Picklist of "End of Replication" Trigger. The standard is to create a .csv in the directory of your Modell. But I´m sure it is possible to create .xls.

Last edited by Sebastian Hemmann; 12-09-2010 at 07:35 AM.

Tags
karite

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sum in a Visual Tool jspeece Q&A 3 09-04-2009 11:31 AM
Modeling tool picking Derrick Serbonich Q&A 0 06-23-2009 01:45 PM
Diff Tool? david_white Q&A 0 11-12-2008 01:51 PM
adding a button on the tool bar Pablo Concha Q&A 4 09-13-2007 10:46 AM
Visual tool as a container qs Paul Dowling Q&A 2 08-20-2007 07:53 PM