ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-01-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
west zhang is on a distinguished road
Question how to set the data of the source

In my model,
the source will provide one product each 25 mins

so how should I set the refernce of the source, what kind of the distribution I need choose,

I set it as exponential(0,1500,1), but when I run the model ,
the first product will come out 1200 seconds,
why is that ,what happend,
maybe i will show you my model as the attachment tonight
Old 12-01-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

You use an exponentional distribution so ofcourse your first entry can be before the entered average. So there is nothing strange there.

If the product comes out at 1200 every run after reset you are probably using the demo version (also considering your other post) because there the random generator is also fixed. The demo version is not ment to run experiments.

If you are a student try to get a student version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (12-01-2011)
Old 12-03-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you choose by expression and set the interarrival time to a constant value.
Jörg
Old 12-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
west zhang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Hamoen View Post
You use an exponentional distribution so ofcourse your first entry can be before the entered average. So there is nothing strange there.

If the product comes out at 1200 every run after reset you are probably using the demo version (also considering your other post) because there the random generator is also fixed. The demo version is not ment to run experiments.

If you are a student try to get a student version.
thanks for you reply, indeed i am a postgraduate student, my major is industral enginering , i try to use the flesxim to complete my paper, how can i get the student version, please tell me!!!
Old 12-05-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Send an email to [email protected] and explain what you are trying to do and see if they can help you.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOURCE and SINK naveenkumar Tips and Tricks 1 11-08-2011 01:55 AM
block a source ? juan alberto Q&A 4 07-13-2009 02:50 AM
Import of data in schedule of a source Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 10-07-2008 09:30 AM
Help on flexsim data input into source and processer TanSiying Q&A 4 10-30-2007 07:55 PM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM