ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-29-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
hani2899 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation HELP NEEDED: Model Cleanup

Hello,

I have a model that is already finalized, which I need to present it to all project stakeholders. Can anyone help me in providing some tips for the following:

1. Model cleanup: I need to present the model in a way to remove all the visible connections between the modules (i.e.: To connect between two different modules for the flow, this shouldnt show to make the model more realistic)
2. Flowitems: Is there a way where i can reduce or eliminate the display of flowitems? My model has more than 7,000 flowitems at the same time, the thing that makes my model very slow in runtime

Appreciate your soonest help!
Hani
Old 11-29-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

for your first question you should use the view settings, you can find under View \ Modelling Utilities. With this options you can set your actual active window in Flexsim.
For your second question I can´t help you. Just remember that I gave the hint in another thread, that this number of Flowitems will cause some slowing down in your model. Even if you turn off 3d shape, they still exist on tree and need capacity of your programm. Maybe you can find a way to create only as many flowitems as you use for your model in time!?
Old 11-29-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

All objects have a hide content checkbox on the general tabpage. If you check it the flowitems inside that object will not be visible.
Old 11-29-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

In the Flowitem Bin, you can see the Properties of a given flowitem type. On the General tab of the Properties window, you can uncheck "Show 3d Shape" to hide that flowitem type. You will need to reset and run your model for this change to matter; existing flowitems won't be affected by changes to the parent flowitem in the Flowitem Bin.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help needed, how to let multiple TopLoaders serve one block? zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 06-26-2010 04:31 AM
Flexsim Engineer needed Trent Richards Job Opportunities 0 06-15-2010 11:20 AM
help needed on task sequencing! chrisquek Q&A 2 05-20-2008 07:23 PM
Help needed in reversible conveyor DerekChau Q&A 4 04-11-2008 07:29 AM
Information Needed When Soliciting A Simulation Quotation Cliff King Training, Consulting, Employment 0 03-16-2008 03:37 PM