ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 06-10-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Limit in the completion hints? Global Tables, Global Variables, etc.?

Speaking about limits in Flexsim like in my other post with the 100 local variables.

Is it possible that there is a limitation in the completion hints?
If I define more than 53 Global Tables and use gettablenum() in e.g. the Process Time Code Edit Flexsim crashes. So if I type gettablenum( … than the crash occurs. So in my eyes it happens when the completion hints will appear.

Just use the attached model to test it.

I also tried it with global variables which are called variables1 to variables23.
Flexsim also crashes.
There are already three commands starting with var (var, var_s and variables). I tried to find the limit and found 22 which works but 23 give the crash.

So looks like a limit in the completion hints. The work around can be to uncheck the Show Auto-Completion Hints under Global Preferences. Or for the global variables you should give them different names.

No, I am not searching for these limits, but we have user in Germany who build such models.
And it is really an interesting job to find such issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LimitGlobalTables.zip (42.7 KB, 328 views)
Old 06-10-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

This issue has been fixed for the next release.
Old 09-09-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Goksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the rough
Default Limit in "getlabelnum()" completion hints

Hello,

Unfortunately I have just lost a couple of hours of work because I simply typed in "getlabelnum(item," in a code window

This is a label-rich model and I remembered this post mentioning how Flexsim kills itself due to limitations in completion hints.

Can you please make sure this is also fixed in the next version. I tried this twice now in the same model and in both cases, Flexsim session ended abruptly so I am quite confident there is such a problem, but I cannot tell you what number of labels will create the issue.

Thanks in advance, GY
The Following User Says Thank You to Goksin Yilmaz For This Useful Post:
Nico Zahn (09-09-2008)
Old 09-09-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

I think thats why I am so keen about getting a list with all the known issues. The development list started after this, but reading the forum on a regular basis is the only way of avoiding most of it.
Don´t get me wrong, I think we have a great program here. But I realy hope that the next release will fix most of the reported issues and that I can still use my old models. There was a pretty harsh cut from 3.5 to 4.0. (No more global C code, the string == string was gone) and I have some modells I am still scared of migrating to 4.0 and up.
To add new functionality is ok, but to cut out some of the old function can be fatal for a user. Once you are used to all the comfort in the new versions its hard to get back to the stone age of some a 3.01 release and so forth..
Old 09-09-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Nico,

In version 4 you can toggle a node as Global C++. In the tree view right click on a node and under the Build option you can select toggle node as Global C++. Also, you could never directly compare (string == string) strings in Flexscript, that is a strictly C++ approach. In Flexscript you have to use the comparetext() command.

Brandon
Old 09-09-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

Hi Brandon,
well start FS 3.01 and try to compare 2 strings with a '==' it worked once. (ok i admit in 3.01 you had to compile each time you changed somthing). I know because I have a modell where I used it a lot and now I do not really know how to change a (string1==string2) to a comparetext(string1,string2) about 500 times in the modell.
Any ideas??
Old 09-09-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Nico,

In 3.01 you were by default programming in C++ which is why it worked. In 4 you are by default programming in Flexscript which is why is does not. If you want to do the same in 4 then toggle the node as C++ and it will work again. However, like you mentioned in your post, you will have to compile.

Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reading Stats function from global table David Chan Q&A 4 05-27-2008 08:51 AM
Global Table Number Precision Sung Kim Tips and Tricks 8 03-27-2008 04:25 PM
Display Global Variable Sung Kim Q&A 4 02-24-2008 11:24 PM
Does there exist a function that can calculate the time weighted average of a value in a Global tabl qin tian Q&A 4 01-20-2008 07:01 PM
Excel and global tables Bill Nordgren Q&A 2 10-15-2007 04:36 AM