ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-04-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Marco Bergmann is on a distinguished road
Default Conveyor Crossroad

As in my sample showed I have a crossroad in a conveyor system. I want to have the behaviour that a box passes the crossraod and when the crossroad is free the next box (by FIFO) will pass.
I tried to use closeinput (OnEntry) and openinput (OnExit). The OnExit event is started when the box enters the next conveyor. This is to early. I want to open the crossroad for next box when last box left the crossroad.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Problem_Conveyor_Crossroad.fsm (16.3 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-04-2014
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

In short:
I've used a global variable, the triggers in conveyor2, conveyor4, conveyor7 and conveyor8. I've changed also the size of the center objects to prevent collisions.

The idea:
In the center should be only 1 item. I've used a global variable to remember this. If the center is used, no conveyor send an item to the center. If the center gets available again, it checks for blocked conveyors (with center-connection). The Conveyor4 will be preferred.

I hope I get your point
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Problem_Conveyor_Crossroad.fsm (16.9 KB, 61 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Tom David (03-12-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM