ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-26-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default Job Allocation using GUI Control

Thanks for everyones help on my previous GUI question.

However I have another GUI question. I would like to be able to allcoate tasks to different transporters using a GUI Control.

I have set up a simple model as an example. The model has 2 transporters (on the same desptacher) and 2 processors the processors call for transport based on a reference to a particular cell in a table. There is one for each transporter. I would like to be able to alter which transporter is used for each processor using a GUI control but I'm unsure of the easiest method.

Ideally I would like a drop down box with the two options for each processor but I'm unsure whether I can reference the transporters directly from the GUI or is it best to set a variable that corresponds to the table row?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Job Allocation GUI.zip (48.2 KB, 285 views)
Old 01-26-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

I'd set the port number in the table and then use that port number to reference the objects. It is simpler than using a number pointer or a direct reference. Then it is easier to have the GUI just set the number in the table using the itemcurrent of the combo boxes.

The OnOpen of the GUI reads the table and refreshes the GUI so that it shows the right thing when you open it, and each combo box's OnSelect sets the table based on what you chose.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Job Allocation GUI2.zip (51.6 KB, 273 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Version control of Flexsim model AlanZhang Q&A 11 12-09-2014 11:12 AM
Cell Control in a Rack Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 10-22-2008 09:16 AM
control Flexsim remotely Martin Saler Q&A 1 12-14-2007 04:35 AM
State Graph in Model Control GUI Tom David Q&A 4 11-21-2007 12:50 AM