ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-19-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default Pull logic based on daily demand

Hello everybody,

I got a model which I feed with FlowItems, based on monthly demands.
The FlowItems get processed and eventually put in a supermarket which are several conveyors. On each conveyor there is only one ItemType.
The output ports of the conveyors get closed on a model-reset.

Now I want to pull the daily demands (data is in a GlobalTable) from the conveyors once a day (let's say every 86400 seconds).

The conveyors are not reserved for a specific Itemtype. The first Flowitem that enters a conveyor sets an object-label with the itemtype.

That means the logic has to go through the labels of the sink's inobjects and pull the right amount of flowitems from each conveyor with the information from the GlobalTable. Checking the itemtype and identifying the right input port to pull from is not the problem. (I put that logic in the "pull from port" field) But I have problems to think of a way to jump from one input port to the next after the right amount has been pulled.

Any ideas how to realize this in a proper way?
Thank you in advance!

Jens!

Last edited by Jens Mühlheimer; 03-19-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Ok, I found a quite cumbersum way to realize this but at least get it to work.

A user event fires a message to my final sink which then fires messages to all inobjects.
OnMessage trigger of every single supermarket-conveyor then goes through the global table which contains the daily demans and finds the corresponding itemtype depending on the current conveyor's content and I set a label with the daily demand and opens the output port.

The conveyor's OnExit-Trigger sets a counting label which gets incremented until the couting label matches the daily demand label and then resets the label and closes the output port.

Maybe this will help some other people to solve a similiar problem, since I found a few other threads with demand scenarios, but where the problems could be solved with an inter-arrival sequence.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to simulate monthly demand scenarios? naren nataraj Tips and Tricks 1 02-29-2012 08:27 AM
Demand Simulation manuel fernandez Q&A 2 03-11-2010 07:44 AM
I would like the pick up from the rack in function of a variable demand rate... mariogib Q&A 1 03-13-2009 10:53 PM
Image Swap Based on Position Logic William Clausen Q&A 8 08-06-2008 11:42 AM
Pull Logic Dillema William Proctor Q&A 2 09-14-2007 12:46 PM