ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-05-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default ASRS and Home location

Hi I was trying to get the ASRS to go to a location when it unloads say the Queue. When the ASRS travels to the location it extends its Lift and retrieves. May I know if there is purpose for that? Is there anyway that I am able to stop that movement?

Regards

David
Old 04-06-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi David Chan,

The ASRS vehicle is having an initial lift height option in the ASRS tab of the property window.For instance in your case if you set the initial height value as 3 the ASRS after unloading will travel to the particular location and tries to return to the initial height 3.So by adjusting this height you can adjust the movement.

If I have answered it wrongly please ignore this reply.

Regards,

Arun
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
David Chan (04-07-2014)
Old 04-06-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello David,
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chan View Post
May I know if there is purpose for that? Is there anyway that I am able to stop that movement?
Normally you use the asrsVehicle with a rack. It extends to the bay for loading and unloading the flowitems. The extension is kinematics driven and controlled by the offset-travel tasks. Maybe you find a way to change the kinematics in its node, write a new offset travel behaviour or use an own tasksequence with pick- and placeoffsettasks.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 04-06-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Animation Editor is not responsible
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (04-07-2014)

Tags
asrs, location, travel

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Animation of the ASRS questions Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 04-07-2011 03:11 AM
each item has it's given location,and item's code correspond to storage location Robert Liu Q&A 3 03-28-2011 08:46 PM
ASRS Lift Acceleration Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 2 01-30-2009 02:59 PM
ASRS Picking Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 09-09-2008 09:21 AM