ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-08-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Yasemin Vatandas is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I've lost my model

Hello,
I am not sure if this is a directly Flexsim-related problem but couldn't figure out myself, so here's my question:

I was working on my model as suddenly something went wrong and the model file was closed. After that, I haven't been able to find my model anywhere in my computer. It is neither in its usual file folder nor in any other file in the system.

How can I find my model?
Thanks.
Old 08-08-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Yasemin,

If you have saved your model more than once then you should see a file with the same name as the one that you lost but with a .fsm! this is the prior version to the last model that you saved. Just delete the "!" off the end of the file name and then open it up in Flexsim.

Sorry I couldn't be more help with getting the actual file that you lost back but this should at least get you close.

Brandon
Old 08-08-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Goksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the rough
Default How can a file totally disappear following an error?

Actually, the question is in the title. I have a very faint memory of one similar experience with Flexsim. How can that happen?

I frequently save my models (especially before a run), but can the developers try to shed some light on this, such as in which scenarios this can be expected and if it is a hard disk / cluster etc. issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2008
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of this problem and really have no idea why it would happen.
Old 06-17-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

This happened to us today. We were having a problem with a stop() statement in the OnCreation trigger of a Source. While trying to debug the problem, Flexsim shutdown and the model file was gone.

Sorry I can't provide anymore information but it happened so unexpectedly.