ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Subtask doesn´t break

Hi guys,

the attached model shows a simple example of Tasks I want to build.
I´m trying to make the TaskExecuter waiting until Crane has collected the item.
Until now TaskExecuter doesn´t stop and wait until Subtasks are done, but finishes the given Tasksequence and Subtask starts after all.

I´m sure I only understood anything wrong or forgot some query. But I don´t find the solution.
Maybe you could have a look into the Message Trigger of Dispatcher and tell me what´s wrong with it?

In Switchcase 1 the Tasksequence is created and a Subtask Message is sended to Switchcase 2.

Thanks for your reply
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Subtask_Rev002.fsm (23.4 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sebastian,

you give the truck an utilize task, but you set the truck never free again with the command freeoperators.

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Subtask_Rev002-JV001.fsm (24.7 KB, 410 views)

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: change the model
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hello Jörg,

thanks for this fast information. I´ve seen what you´ve changed in the Trigger. But I can´t see a difference in what happens. TE should stop at NN2 an wait until Crane finished unloading Item. Then drive back to NN1.
Also I didn´t realize what the line:

insertproxytask(ts,i_Operator2Key,TASKTYPE_SENDMESSAGE,NULL,NULL,tonum(Truck));//JV - initiate freeoperators in Operator2key
does?

Where does this message arrive? And how is freeoperators initiated there?

greetings.
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sebastian,

this message is send to the crane, where the OnMessage Trigger frees the Taskexecuter. The involved1 parameter is set to the taskexecuter in the utilize-task.

In my updated model I have added the command tonode for the i_item in the load and unload tasks. With this change the crane loads the item from the Taskexecuter and moves it to the queue.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Ok, now I understand why we speak about different thinks. I posted the wrong model.
The attached model does nearly the same as yours, but without any Utilized Task and this way without freeing operators.
Both models (the attached, and yours) doesn´t do what I´m looking for and in both at any time Crane starts to take Items directly from Queue to Queue!

What I´m looking for is:

1. TE loads item from Queue2 (NN1)
2. TE drives to NN2
3. Crane takes Item while TE waits
4. Crane moves Item to Queue8
5. TE goes back to a given Point (NN1)

I thought TASKTYPE_CALLSUBTASK could do this Job. But as far as I see, it doesn´t.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Subtask_Rev003.fsm (23.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Attached my solution for this part.
Only strange thing that happens is, if you increase the maximum content of Queue2 higher than 1 there will be a moment when Crane starts to take items directly from there.

It´s not really important for me, because I only got content 1 there. But maybe anybody gots a hint for my fault? Probably only a bad pointer or something.

Thanks for your help Jörg.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Subtask_Rev004.fsm (23.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 11-06-2013
Flexsim User

Hello Sebastian,

you create the tasksequence to transport the item from the Queue2 away in the dispatcher OnMessage case 1. This Tasksequence is dispatched to dispatcher himself Line 16:
Code:
ts = createemptytasksequence(current,0,0);
The Taskexecuter is connected to Output Port Number 1. If the Taskexecuter is busy, but the crane is not, the transport tasksequence is sent to the crane at Output Port 2.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (11-07-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim doesn't show Sketchup textures Steven Hamoen Q&A 5 12-01-2010 01:33 PM
Line break in string text Congshi Wang Q&A 3 11-10-2010 12:56 PM
Experimenter doesn´t show results for transporter Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 1 12-17-2009 06:10 AM
Call subtask problem. qin tian Q&A 3 11-14-2008 12:38 AM
Time-Varrying Source Doesn't Like Small Standard Deviation david_white Q&A 10 06-26-2008 01:31 PM