ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Default Modifying the arrival schedule of the Source Object at runtime

Greetings,
I need to be able to change the schedule of arrival of the source with the data from the database at runtime in order to simulate different orders on different days of the year.
Would it be valid to do so by overwriting the table located at >variables/schedule?
Is there a more intelligent way of controlling the arrival schedule dynamically?
Thanks!
Vadim
Old 01-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough

There is actually a very simple way to do it. U will have to use the fmod command to divide the time into whatever u want.. Since I have my model in minutes and the arrival distributions are same for a time of day I use fmod(time,1440)..since there 1440 minutes in a day.. This gives me the reminder of time divided by 1440 so it gives the time of day.. and then using if commands along with fmod u can write different distributions or anything else that you want to change the arrival at real time..
Old 01-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough

Hi Mearjun,
thank you for your input!
Let me rephrase the question:
The database table contains multiple records for multiple orders that take place at different time of different days of the year.
I am curious if overwriting the schedule table of the source with the data extracted from the database at runtime is valid from the internal flexsim operation standpoint, or changes to the schedule table require a model reset.
I do not wish to pre-load the entire contents of the database into the model because of the large volume of data.
Regards,
Vadim

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can I see the source code for a Standard Object Library? shafizad Q&A 1 03-14-2012 01:20 PM
Creating more than one itemflow in source (inter-arrival time style) shafizad Q&A 8 07-12-2010 07:08 AM
Arrival schedule Source Nico Zahn Q&A 3 12-15-2008 04:23 AM
Import of data in schedule of a source Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 10-07-2008 09:30 AM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM