ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-31-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Radhakrishnan R is on a distinguished road
Post Receiving parts with respect to its itemtype

Hi All,
In my model, I have two Processors, which is connected to a single source & source send parts to both processor, which is first available. The two processor sends the finished parts to a conveyor.

source generates 5 parts with its demand quantity in two batch size. This 5 parts have different cycle time but can be processed in either first processor or second processor, based on its availability.

I want the conveyor to receive the first part (cycletime=20 mins) with all its batch quantity (2 nos) from both the processor & then the second part (cycletime=10 mins) with its batch quantity (1 no) from both the processor & so on..

I have attached my model. In this model, the conveyor receives the 2nd part (1 no) before the arrival of first part (2 nos).

I want the conveyor to block the 2nd part & receive the first part with all its batch quantity(2 nos) & then it should receive the 2nd part.

Please give your valuable inputs & suggestions to resolve this problem.

Thank you,
Regards,
RK
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Receiving Parts based on its Itemtype.fsm (75.2 KB, 125 views)
Old 09-06-2012
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of
Default keeping a batch of items together using pull

If I understood you correctly, the issue occurred at time 98 when the red batch was split by a green item. There are various ways to prevent this, most I can think of involve using the PullRequirement of the Conveyor. I have attached an update to your model where I created a BatchQty label on the item OnCreation in the Source. All the logic can be found in the PullRequirement of the Conveyor where I use 2 labels to remember which itemtype was last to enter and whether there are other items that belong to that batch.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Receiving Parts based on Itemtype and BatchQty.fsm (38.8 KB, 116 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Radhakrishnan R (09-10-2012)
Old 09-10-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 34
Radhakrishnan R is on a distinguished road

Hi Kris,
Thanks for your input. I could not open the model in my system. I have opened this model in Flexsim 5&6 version. Error message shown is "exception: Tree file format is not compatible with this version of Flexsim".

Could you please let me know, in which version the model is created.
Thanks,
Regards,
RK
Old 09-10-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably 6.02
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Radhakrishnan R (09-17-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sketchup Hint: Making parts of a skp file show the Flexsim color Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 9 10-02-2013 09:17 AM
Feeding source with various demand quantity for 15 different parts Radhakrishnan R Q&A 1 05-21-2012 01:10 AM
Feeding source with various demand quantity for different parts Radhakrishnan R Q&A 0 05-18-2012 05:58 AM
Receiving loaded pallets morelant Q&A 1 10-07-2009 07:08 AM
how to get number of itemtype Vic Li Q&A 11 08-19-2009 11:20 PM