ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-09-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road
Default By value or by reference

Hi everybody,

Imagine you declare a global variable and populate it with the list of transporters you have. Then you use it all over inside the code.
Then for some reason you decide to delete the transporter and replace it by another transporter with the same name.
I personally expect every thing to be fine unless the global array knows the entries by their reference and not their name.

I am not able to get access to my transporters again through the global array entries.

Question: is there any way to avoid this and just let the whole system updates automatically when you just replece a node with another node with the same name?

I appreciate any constructive comment.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to get a reference to currently active task LINWEIXU Q&A 1 09-28-2011 11:42 PM
Reference to Item in Processor from OnBreakDown Trigger Eike Schulz Q&A 1 06-02-2011 02:57 PM
Where can I find Programming Language Reference ? Robert Liu Q&A 3 10-26-2009 02:40 AM
Get view reference AlanZhang Q&A 3 03-13-2008 08:51 AM