ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Manoj Kumar is on a distinguished road
Default Output per hour only for shift timing

Hi All,
I am trying to take output per hour for a model for two weeks, which has two shift working (16hrs out of 24 hrs). Have given the shift timing under Timetable and set the down state as off shift. When I try to take the output per hour results in Dashboard the results tend to reduce during offshift hours (since the engine is calculating output for whole 24hrs).
Is there a way to get output per hour only for shift hours(16hrs)?
Kindly let me know the solutions. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Manoj
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Offshift time.fsm (21.0 KB, 348 views)
Old 11-13-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Mano,

here is a little sample model I built for you. It uses a timed user event to calculate the actual output per hour based on table entries and uses a tracked variable to display the graph. I originally planned to use a custom graph and display the table data directly, but couldn't get it to work. It always created a single line graph for each data point instead showing all points in one line.
So you can technically delete anything table related, but you need to store the number of 10 seconds intervals in a global variable then.

Does that help?

Best wishes

Ralf
FlexSim
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Offshift time_RG_cols_trackedVariable.fsm (17.7 KB, 332 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-16-2015)
Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim User

Hi All,

Thanks for support.
Hope the model is build in latest Flexsim version.
So we aren't able to open the model (it is showing execution error).
It would be glad if you resend the model in Flexsim 7.5.4.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manoj.
Old 11-13-2015

RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Mano,

I built it in 7.7 beta. If you have installed that you can just copy from there into your 7.5.4 model.
Sorry for that.

Ralf
FlexSim
Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim User

Hi all,

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately we don't have flexsim 7.7

Can we have the instructions and flexscripts associated to that model, so that we can build the replica.

It would be a pleasure, if we have that.
Regards,
Manoj.
Old 11-13-2015

Mano,

here is the model in 7.5.4.
I introduced a tracked variable for the output per hour displayed over time in the dashboard. The user event updates the time cycles counter ONLY when the Processor4 is not in state scheduled down. The cycles are counted in the global variable TimeCycles, which multiplied by 10 seconds (that's the interval I call my user event) is the active time I use as a basis for the output per hour calculation.

That should explain everything.

Best wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Offshift time_RG_trackedVariable_754.fsm (16.1 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by RalfGruber; 11-13-2015 at 01:16 PM. Reason: SPelling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-16-2015)
Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Hi Manoj,

Under the Stat Object there is an "Custom" option under the [+] button of the Statistics tab. I called it Avg. Output Per Operational Hour and wrote the following:
Code:
updatestate(i);
double workinghrs = (time() - get(rank(state_profile(i),STATE_OFF_SHIFT))) / 60;  //because model time is in Minutes in your case
if(workinghrs > 0)
 return getoutput(i) / workinghrs;
else
 return 0;
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Offshift time_KG.fsm (22.4 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 11-13-2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add comment about model time unit
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
vivek dubey (06-27-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set next service to be An Hour later Neo YiFeng FlexSim HC: Q&A 3 06-19-2013 01:43 AM
I can't change the value of 'Moves per Hour' 30 (default value) in Ship Schedule of the Berth Planner. syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 3 10-05-2012 10:40 AM
Timing on Conveyor CasimiraFederspiel Q&A 4 06-09-2011 10:58 AM
What is the calculating formula of Working % and Net Moves Per Hour in CT? syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 02-11-2011 07:08 PM