ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 07-01-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about
Default Visual Studio Express 2008

Hi,
are there any restrictions or advanteges using the costfree Visual Studio Express with Flexsim 4.32 against using the full Version of Visual Studio? Is there anything one can not do with the free Express Version?
Old 07-01-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nico,

What I know is that in the Express version you can not use MFC.
MFC is a class library from Microsoft that helps you to create GUI for
windows programs.
Also you can not install Project Wizards in the Express version.

If you are only going to compile Flexsim models and making DLL without MFC, then Express version is enough.
You can do .NET application in the Express version.

You can find a FAQ for Express version here:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/support/faq/

Lars-Olof
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
Tom David (07-01-2008)
Old 07-01-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

One comment from me for all German users: I recommend using the English Visual Studio Express 2008 Edition.

I am not sure but once it seems that there was a problem at a German user and after installing the English version it was gone.
I only tested the English Express version which worked fine for me. On my own computer I have the 2005 full version, so I did not do a lot of testing.
So to prevent problems and wasting of time I hope that everybody will just use the English version.

Does anyone else has problems with the Visual Studio Express Edition 2008 in another language than English?

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set up C++ debugging in Visual Studio Anthony Johnson Wiki Articles 8 12-22-2011 11:20 AM
Configure Flexsim 4.01 with Visual Studio Express susanne Installation 1 03-31-2008 04:28 AM
problem on Flexsim4.3 beta and vs 2008 express. qin tian Q&A 2 01-11-2008 09:16 PM
Visual Studio 2005 or 2008? Lars-Olof Leven Q&A 16 01-02-2008 12:10 PM
Visual Studio 2005/VISTA David Chan Q&A 1 01-01-2008 03:51 AM