ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-18-2009
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough
Default Can't move or link objects

Hi

I can drag any objects onto the screen and can select them - but can't move any of them around. If i try to move an object around the whole screen moves (acts as if I've clicked on the background not an object).

If I try to link objects, the yellow connecting line appears but I can't let go of it or attach it onto the next object.

This is on a demo version and happened right out of the install - even tried reinstalling with same problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kenny
Old 01-19-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Kenny,

I am not sure but I see two possibilities.
First try to compile entire session (Build / Compile Entire Session). You need to have Visual C++ installed. But that's what I always do, if something goes wrong.
Second check your object positions. There might be an object in - z location (minus z location). If you click on this object and try to move it, that your described things happen, because you can not click on the object in the view any longer. You need to use the tree.

I hope that this helps and I would guess that the second possibility will solve the problem (hopefully).
Old 01-19-2009
Flexsim Australia

Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough

Thanks Tom - good idea about the -z location; however I saw him build a model from scratch and it looks like it went to the correct place. I'll pass on the suggestion.

Seems strange that it's happened straight after the initial install, with a rebuild not fixing it. Can't see it being anything wrong with his computer as it was running the bottling plant demo OK.

Hope you are well.

Kenny
Old 01-19-2009
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Kenny,

Try also change the graphics configuration to High Compatibility.
Have Flexsim closed when you do this, the program for changing
graphics configuration are located under Start Menu->Flexsim4

Lars-Olof
The Following User Says Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
Robert Contois (11-09-2009)
Old 01-19-2009
Flexsim Australia

Thanks, I hadn't thought of the graphics compatibility.

I'll check out Tom's and your suggestions, and let you know if anything was successful.

Kenny
Old 01-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

Hi Kenny

I have had this problem before and solved it by altering the graphics configurator. Also in this forum Martin Bendig asked a similar question earlier this month and solved the problem in the same way.

Regards

Anthony
Old 01-20-2009
Flexsim Australia

Smile

Thanks Anthony, it's good to know that we're on the right track.

Kenny
Old 01-22-2009
Flexsim Australia

Thanks Guys

Changing the graphics configuration fixed it. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

Kenny

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can't move objects and draw lines Martin Bendig Q&A 2 01-13-2009 05:39 AM
change the objects in self modeled objects Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 7 10-27-2008 02:29 PM
Continuously Move Li Chin Q&A 12 10-13-2008 03:49 AM
Invalid link, event not created Nico Zahn Q&A 4 09-05-2008 08:33 AM
New custom commands in Downloads link Cliff King Q&A 0 09-24-2007 05:46 PM