ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-01-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Post Tugger train

Hi Forum,

I would like to create a tugger train from Task Executor or Transporter but I don't know how to add something behind TE or Transporter so it looks more like a tugger train.
Does anyone here ever created things like that? If so, can you please tell me how?
Old 07-01-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rahel,

If you use AGV module, you can attach the loads as Trailers or Tugger Train to the task executor. When you open the network properties of AGV path it's visible.

Regards,

Arun KR
Old 07-01-2015
Rahel Carolina

Question

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.
I selected the thing you said in AGV properties but nothing changed.
Did I do something wrong?
I attached the pic of what I did in the properties
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	agv.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2908  
Old 07-01-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rahel,

Here's a sample model.

Regards,

Arun KR
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Agv.fsm (18.7 KB, 756 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (07-01-2015)
Old 07-01-2015
Rahel Carolina

ok now I understand.

Thanks a lot Arun
Old 07-01-2015
Rahel Carolina

Hi,

now I can attach loads as trailers. But is it possible for task executor to always carry (for example) 3 pallets everywhere as the trailers and the box will be loaded on the top of pallets (or trailers).
Just curious, maybe someone know how to do it.

Thank you

Regards,
Rahel
Old 07-01-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Rahel,

I have already tried something like that.
Firstly I create the trailers. I call the trailers "coaches" and let the taskexecuter travel to a ControlPoint.
OnReset Trigger (taskexecuter)
Code:
/**Custom Code create two coaches*/
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
treenode coach1 = createcopy(node("/Tools/FlowItemBin/6/1",model()),current);
treenode coach2 = createcopy(node("/Tools/FlowItemBin/6/1",model()),current);
treenode ts = createemptytasksequence(current,0,1000);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_LOAD,coach1,current);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_LOAD,coach2,current);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_TRAVEL,node("/ControlPoint3", model()),NULL);
dispatchtasksequence(ts);
Then I insert a moveobject task in the tasksequence, which the taskexecuter gets. The task must do the work right after loading the item, so I change the rank in the tasksequence.
OnReceiveTaskSequence-Trigger:
Code:
/**Custom Code- Move item to coach without checking max. capacity*/
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
treenode ts = parnode(1);
if(content(ts)==5){
    treenode item = gettaskinvolved(ts,2,1);
    treenode coach = first(current);
    inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_MOVEOBJECT,item,coach);
    setrank(last(ts),3);
}
That is just a beginning. There should be a control method to check the maxcontent and order the items on the pallet.

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm AGV-CoachesTrailers_JV.fsm (18.9 KB, 720 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (07-01-2015)
Old 07-02-2015
Rahel Carolina

Hello Jörg,

Thank you so much! That really helps me.
Old 07-02-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

for those of you who like to control the loading to the trailers individually you can change the moveobject task by a sendmessage task. I suggest to send the reference of the item as a message parameter, too. The otem has to be transfered as a number. The command tonum(thing) does it. In the OnMessage Trigger you need only the command moveobject and any logic you like to order the items.The reference to the item is changed back by the command tonode(number). Don't use a subtasksequence to execute the moveobject task in the OnMessage-Trigger, it won't work. The items are going to be trailers.
In a more variable model there occured a strange behaviour with the number of trailers or pallets. Four pallets can't pull the taskexecuter. The fourth pallet lays above the third. 1 to3 and more than 5 pallets work fine.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (07-02-2015)
Old 07-09-2015
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2
Wink With checking max. capacity of different coaches

Hi, everyone.
I am also very interested about how to make Tugger train in FlexSim that is used in AGV simulation frequently.
After fllowing Jörg's model and suggestion, I tried to make the tugger train with different capacity in differernt coaches which you can find in attached.
You can change the value of "coach_no" in TaskExecuter9's label to change the number of coaches (also can be 0).
And change the value in different rows of "coach_no" label table which corresponds to the capacity of coaches.
Though my English is poor, I still hope you can understand how to use this model.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm AGV-CoachesTrailers_Jing(v7.3).fsm (99.6 KB, 654 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (02-18-2016)
Old 07-14-2015
Mauricio Souza

Downloads: 0
Question Help to set AGV Network Acceleration

Dear Users, hello!

I'm beginner using FlexSim, I have a question about writing a code, maybe somebody can help me:

I want to set the Acceleration and Deceleration values for my AGV Network. I want to set it automatically in an "OnRunStart trigger", because I read the value from an Excel table. But I'm having some problems.

My code at OnRunStart Trigger is:

"
double aceleracao = gettablenum( xxx - table from excel);

setvarnum( node("AGVNetwork",model() ),"agvTypes/DefaultAGV/speeds/Acceleration/Loaded",aceleracao);
"

But it doesn't update the variable.
Can anyone help me saying where is my mistake and how to solve it?

Best Regards.
Old 07-15-2015
Mauricio Souza

Downloads: 0
Default it's working fine

I changed setvarnum to set (tip from an user in other thread and it's working fine.

BR

Tags
milk run, tugger

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
train carriages Nischith Kashyap Q&A 8 08-10-2011 09:01 PM