ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-24-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
shivrash is on a distinguished road
Default Same output

Hi

I have Flexsim 7.3

I have prepared a simulation model given in the exercise I of user manual.
Input has been entered precisely as mentioned in the manual.

However, after running the model, I am finding that it is always showing the same input and output.

Input for arrival and for processing is exponential distribution.

Since the input is based on probability distribution, I think I should get different output every time I run the model.

kindly help and guide.
Old 02-24-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Shivrash,

The reason you are getting same output every time is because the random stream value generating the random number is same.If you change the random stream value in the probability distribution, you can see the difference in output.

When the data becomes probabilistic, you can use the Experimenter in which the required statistic becomes the Performance measure.There you can specify number of replications and for each replication the random stream will be different. The Performance measure of each replication and it's average is reported at the end of the experiment.

Regards,
Arun KR,
CCS,India
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
vivek dubey (04-20-2016)
Old 02-24-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Shivrash,

by default the random streams in FlexSim are set to repetitive. This makes sense as long as you design a model to make sure, you can repeat exact simulation runs. Once the model building process is completed, you can change the setting to non-repetitive by unchecking "Statistics/Repeat Random Streams".
Be aware that this only works for full versions. The trial software has a locked random stream to explicitly not allow you to do experiments involving probability variables.

Best wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
vivek dubey (04-20-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why output per second is 0? qin tian Q&A 1 01-17-2014 11:39 AM
Container with only one In- and Output Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 1 11-02-2013 01:06 PM
Dashboard: Output per time David Chan Q&A 3 07-15-2012 02:30 AM
output order of objects juan alberto Q&A 4 06-21-2010 05:15 AM
Problem with Processor Output avinash Q&A 2 03-26-2008 09:19 AM