ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-05-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Timo van der Gaag is on a distinguished road
Default Dashboard design options, grouping or multi select possible?

I made an input dashboard with several edit boxes and static text boxes, in total about 20 or 25 objects. Now I want to add an extra editbox in between, but I can only move the dashboard objects one by one, which is very clumsy....

Is there a way to group dashboard objects, so I can move them all at once? Or is it possible to select multiple objects simultaneously?
Old 02-05-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Timo,

I haven't found a button or function you are looking for. But you find the objects of the Dashboard in the viewtree:

VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/SplitterYPane/SplitterXPane/TabPane/TabControl/Dashboard/GraphPanel/
Each of the objects under that node have their own spatial nodes. The value can you increment with a script.

For example the following script increments the vertical position by 10 points down for all objects which are behind the selected object so().
You find the Selected Object function in the context menu in the tree Edit>Designate This Node (so). The mouse pointer must be over a node.

Code:
int begin = getrank(so());
int end = content(up(so));// set a value for the amount following items in the view tree you want to move, then begin should be 1
treenode txt = so();
for (begin; begin <= end;begin++)
{
    inc(spatialy(txt),10);// move the object by 10 down / -10 up
    txt = next(txt);
} 
refreshview(up(so())); // refresh the view to applied changes
Jörg
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-07-2014)

Tags
dashboard, grouping, moving, select

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job Opportunity (India) - FlexSim | Design Engineer rahulkag Job Opportunities 1 07-27-2012 11:12 PM
Job Opportunity (India) - FlexSim | Design Engineer rahulkag Training, Consulting, Employment 0 06-22-2012 12:17 AM
Reports and Statistics Options Jamie Santa Ana Q&A 5 12-05-2011 12:57 AM
Information on rack options muriana cinzia Q&A 6 04-29-2010 07:44 AM
The new Experimenter design is great! AlanZhang Gripes and Goodies 2 02-20-2008 05:15 PM