ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 01-13-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexsim 5.1.0 Available

Flexsim 5.1.0 is available for download in the account section of the website: http://www.flexsim.com/account/files/

Flexsim 5.1 requires an updated license to run.

For standalone licenses, you can use the Upgrade Licenses tab of the Help > License Activation window to automatically contact our license server to upgrade your licenses.

For network licenses, you will need to use the UpgradeLicenses button on the "my licenses" web page (http://www.flexsim.com/account/licenses/) and then follow the instructions on that page to upgrade to 5.1.

===========================================
Release Notes

--- Flexsim 5.1.0 (January 2011) ---
* added a File > Model Settings option that allows you to change model settings or add password encryption to the model
* added text compression to model, library, and tree files (model file sizes will be much smaller now)
* added a "modules" features for program developers (undocumented currently)
* added new listener functionality and listenerinfo() command
* enabled more features (such as the tree view) for the student version
* modified the educational watermark to be less intrusive
* fixed the calltip and auto completion issue on left-side monitors
* changed Excel browse buttons to show xlsx files
* changed Find/Replace in Tree so that you can specify VIEW:/ as the search node to search the entire view tree
* fixed a bug on lifo, batching queues
* fixed an issue with variable binding
* fixed a bug with the excel single table import when using both row and column headers
* fixed a bug with the MTEI that wasn't allowing you to specify the entire path to the node in the "tablelocation" without specifying the "tablename" (this fix allows you to navigate to a table node at first level of object data properly)
* added hiding for surrogates into the "Hide shape and contents at a distance" pick option
* upgraded the licensing system to Flexnet Publisher 11.9
* made it possible for offset tasks to use a navigator (must be implemented on the TE, though, so it's not automatic right now)
* fixed some bugs in the socket command parameters
* other minor fixes from the development list
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (01-14-2011)
Old 01-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Do you plan to upgrade Felxsim CT to this 5.1.0 engine?
Old 01-14-2011
Flexsim Development

Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

When we are ready to release a new version of CT, we will build it on whatever is the latest Flexsim version, but we don't currently have plans to upgrade CT to 5.1.0 just for the underlying engine change. CT3 is quite stable.

EDIT: As of 25 March 2011, CT 3.0.2 is available and built on Flexsim 5.1.2.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 03-25-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2011
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

1. Return the old server license by following these steps:
    1. On the server, in the Flexsim ServerActUtil program, go to Tools > View License Rights.
    2. Copy the Fulfillment Id by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-C.
    3. Go to Connect > Return.
    4. Paste the Fulfillment Id into the field using Ctrl-V.
    5. Press the Return button.
  2. Activate the new license by following these steps:
    1. Press the "Refresh Table" button at the top of this page. When the page refreshes, there will be a new activation ID for the latest version of the software. Copy the new activation id using Ctrl-C.
    2. In the Flexsim ServerActUtil program, go to Connect > Activate.
    3. Paste the new activation id using Ctrl-V. Enter the number of seats and press Activate.
  3. You will need to stop and restart the server in the License Server Manager software (lmadmin or lmtools).
I Copy the Fulfillment Id ,then return ,then got error :

ERROR: flxActSvrReturnSend - (50043,42091,0)
"Return not allowed because it would orphan fulfillment records created from the fulfillment to be returned.
Recovery: either ensure all fulfillment records created from this fulfillment are returned."

why?????? shoud I need return all client to server?
Old 01-17-2011
Flexsim Development

If you have a "Server - Activatable" (or Hybrid) license, then yes, you need to return all the client licenses back to your company's license server before you can return the licenses from your company's server to our server.

You will also need to upgrade your lmadmin to version 11.9 and use a new Flexsim vendor daemon. You can get the lmadmin 11.9.1 installer and the new Flexnet 11.9 vendor daemon from the account section of the website: download the new LAN License Tools.

After you activate the new 5.1 license, uninstall the old lmadmin (11.7), install the new lmadmin(11.9), and then copy in the new Flexsim vendor daemon before starting the server. The lmadmin interface should show that the Flexsim vendor daemon is using Flexnet Publisher version 11.9 in order to host activatable 5.1 licenses.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Olivier Pellegrin (01-24-2011)
Old 01-18-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Sebastian Schreiber is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with returning server licenses

Hi,

I also have problems with returning my server licenses.

First, I tried to return the license with the version 1.0 of the FlexsimServerActUtil (the version I used to get the license from the flexsim server) and got an error
>>> ERROR: Unable to find fulfillment id ...
Second, I tried to use the latest version 1.2. But I also get an error

>>> ERROR: flxActCommonHandleOpen - (50003,71000,1) >>> "This is an internal error."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil BoBo View Post
If you have a "Server - Activatable" (or Hybrid) license, then yes, you need to return all the client licenses back to your company's license server before you can return the licenses from your company's server to our server.
I already checked this and have all licenses back.

Can someone help please?

Best regards,
Sebastian
Old 01-18-2011
Flexsim Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Schreiber View Post
First, I tried to return the license with the version 1.0 of the FlexsimServerActUtil (the version I used to get the license from the flexsim server) and got an error
>>> ERROR: Unable to find fulfillment id ...
You need to put in the correct Fulfillment ID. It starts with "FID__". The fulfillment id is different than the activation id. You get the fulfillment id the way the instructions tell you to:
  1. On the server, in the Flexsim ServerActUtil program, go to Tools > View License Rights.
  2. Copy the Fulfillment Id by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-C.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Schreiber (01-19-2011)
Old 01-18-2011
Flexsim Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Schreiber View Post
ERROR: flxActCommonHandleOpen - (50003,71000,1) >>> "This is an internal error."
The licensing service isn't installed properly if you are getting this error. Try restarting your computer and running the program as an administrator. You could also try using the menu options "Tools > Licensing Service > Uninstall anchor service" and "Install anchor service".
Sebastian Schreiber (01-19-2011)
Old 01-23-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Phil,

I encounter quite a few dead links in the helpfile. I can make a list but I don't want to go through the helpfile completely. Doesn't your helpfile software show you these?

Quote:
* added new listener functionality and listenerinfo() command
I can't find the listenerinfo command in the helpfile either. Is that not in yet?

Quote:
* made it possible for offset tasks to use a navigator (must be implemented on the TE, though, so it's not automatic right now)
What does this exactly do? Is it described somewhere?

Steven
Old 01-25-2011
Flexsim Development

Red face

Our helpfile software does have a utility for checking broken links, but I had never used it. There are several broken links. I'll add it to the development list to fix them. If you find broken links in the software itself, please send an email to the development list detailing the exact location. I'll be able to sort out the locations of broken links within the chm itself though.

It was an oversight that the listenerinfo() command was not documented. I will add this to the development list to document.

Along the same line as modules, the change for offset tasks to use a navigator requires changing the actual TaskExecuter class in the library, which is highly discouraged for users to do. The new module features enable addition and modification of library classes so this feature is closely related to module development, which is unavailable presently. When we are ready for others to use modules, we will document how to do it (perhaps in a Wiki article like the DLL article).

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 02-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Jörg Vogel (01-26-2011)