ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 04-16-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexsim 5 Available

Flexsim 5 is now available from the user login. Thanks to all the distributors and users for helping with the beta testing period.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Olivier Pellegrin (04-19-2010)
Old 04-19-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Confusion on Variable Declaration in Flexsim 5

Hello,

First of all, congratulate and thank you for the new version. I am excited to explore the new features!

By the way, I am not sure this is the right place to report my issue in using the new version. If it is not appropriate to be posted here, please move this post accordingly.

When I opened a model built in 4.5 using version 5, it claims many Flexscript Errors, even though the model works perfectly fine in 4.5.

An example here is;

for(int index=1;index<=5;index++){
pt("index in first loop");pd(index);pr();
}
for(index =1;index<5;index++){
pt("index in second loop");pd(index);pr();
}

The variable "index" in the second loop shouldnt be declared again in 4.5.
However, version 5 asked me to declare again like

for(int index=1;index<=5;index++){
pt("index in first loop");pd(index);pr();
}
for(int index =1;index<5;index++){
pt("index in second loop");pd(index);pr();
}

Is it the way for version 5? Do I have to fix all my logic script in this way? If so, any other different syntax usage documented so that I can learn? Pleas advise me.
Thank you.

Sung
Old 04-19-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

I also have this problem .
Old 04-19-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

It was a bug that it worked that way in the first place. You should change your logic to work with the correct syntax.

Flexscript is designed around Visual Studio C++ syntax rules. This change brings it into conformity with C++ so that if you toggle a node with Flexscript code as C++, it will give you the same errors in both places.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Tom David (04-20-2010)
Old 04-19-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

I also have an addition point to add. Port was declared as treenode in previous version, however it is requried to declared it as int now. There will be a lot a changes required. Anyway to do a subroutine to replace this line in all setup?

David
Old 04-20-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to just do a Find/Replace in tree of:
treenode port
with:
int port
Old 04-22-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Default Using arrow keys to tab between objects with Conveyors

If you are on the Layout page of a conveyor and use the <> buttons to go to the next object, AND that next object is a conveyor, it comes up with both the Editor View and Table View buttons selected and nothing in the display.
Pushing either button shows the correct view, but it does appear to be going to an unknown state.
Old 04-22-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Please send bug reports to the development list as explained in the User Login section of the website. This way they are tracked properly.